Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay : Video Part I and II added - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay : Video Part I and II added (/showthread.php?tid=122997)

Pages: 1 2 3

Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay : Video Part I and II added - sindroms - 11-20-2014

Guys.
Like.

Guuuuuys.
We gun go out dere.

And build ourselves a bishin' fortress.

BUT AH NEEDS YER HELP!

Miner -Technogeist
Miner - Reidft
Woodcrafter - Drrobe
Stonecrafter - Void_Nemesis_GOF2
Farmer - Moveit56
Farmer - Tal
Farmer - Carter

Immigrants:

John Wildkins - Military preference

Spazzydragon's Disco Dwarf Fortress Let'splay.
I got the inspiration from Rodent's Xcom Thread and thought I could do a similar thing, but only involving video and DF.

The episodes are going to be one season long, so it will give me a chance to break up the stuff pretty nicely. And we can all either stand tall or fail miserably.
I need seven people to embark with. This is where you can post and choose the position you want to take. Everyone who volunteers after it will be the immigrants joining the fortress as time goes on.

Shall we?

YEAR 1

Our glorious heroes of Technogeist, Reidft, Drrobe, Void_Nemesis, Moveit56, Tal and Carter all set out to build an outpost for the glory of their empire, set to expand their lands and bless them with rich dwarven booze and masterful crafts! They encountered a large and deep river, just when their supplies were about to run out, thus being forced to set up shop right there on the spot.

Sadly, the lands they had claimed as their new home were not as peaceful as they thought and one of the bulls destined to pull their wagon got slaughtered by an evil creature lurking in the running, rapid, foaming waters, fully stranding them there.

They began their new fortress by moving all of the goods away from the dangerous river, while Technogeist and Reid started carving out the first pathways into the nearby mountain, destined to be the new roof over their heads, while Moveit, Tal and Carter were quick to plant the raspberry seeds they had in stock for later. Moveit was quick to show the skills with his axe and start felling trees, preparing the ample stock of lumber the keep would need to build all the essentials for later.

Spring came and went with the first outlines of the fortress being made through sweat and many broken pick handles, both Technogeist and Reid becoming more and more skilled with every chip into the solid stone beneath the mountain.

We also have encountered some useful minerals right underneath our embark site, which made everyone quite happy- but not as much as the rooms and a bed to sleep in. With that Summer came....

TO BE CONTINUED.

RE: Discoverians! It is time to strike the earth! - sindroms - 11-20-2014

Reidft will be joining us as one of the immigrants. And probably will collapse a wall on himself.

RE: Discoverians! It is time to strike the earth! - nOmnomnOm - 11-20-2014

what game is this B|

RE: Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay (Video ofc) - sindroms - 11-20-2014

Dwarf Fortress.

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, to be precise.
Also, I need the first seven slots to fill out before I can begin.

RE: Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay (Video ofc) - Technogeist - 11-20-2014

I don't know what this game is but I like hitting stones.

RE: Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay (Video ofc) - nOmnomnOm - 11-20-2014

If you do minecraft then I'm in.... cuz yeah... I have that and not dwarf fortress (((

We got our first miner then!

RE: Discovery Dwarf Fortress Let'sPlay (Video ofc) - Caconym - 11-20-2014

I'll be either the stonecrafter or the woodcrafter.

We got ourselves a stonecrafter!

Two slots filled, 5 to go. Then we can start.

Reidft has become a miner!