Discovery Gaming Community
I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... (/showthread.php?tid=123116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Fluffyball - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 05:07 PM)Derkylos Wrote: You forget that in my fantasy setting, G=1 m/s^2, F=/=ma, and up is down.

Also, swords were among the least used weapons of the medieval period. If only fantasy writers used all those incredibly cool looking polearms out there...it's very hard to design an impractical polearm head.

Axes, spears and maces were the ones mostly used during the European Middle Ages. Plus bows, of course.

Katana and tachi were in fact the least used weaponry in Japan in fact, naginata and yari were the widely used in fact (by fellow ashigaru). Also, bows.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - nOmnomnOm - 11-24-2014

The rapier was widely used by civilian folk in Europe for quite some time though.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Zed26 - 11-24-2014

Oh yeah, I could never get over how Daedric weapons with their Oblivion-infused ebony and enchantments really broke the realism in Skyrim.

That's why I stick to shooting beams of lightning out of my hands and summoning guardians made of ice to tank their fire breath when I'm fighting dragons so I can craft more realistic weapons from their bones and absorb their souls to enhance my ability to shout people to death and prepare for a final battle in Nord heaven against an immortal dragon who's also the aspect of a god.

Remind me to invite this guy to my next tabletop gaming session. Sounds like he'd be the life of the party.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - nOmnomnOm - 11-24-2014

the weapons themselves dont make sense having spikes that actually hinder you from a better attack. and also can hurt you!

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Sylvie557 - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 10:18 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: the weapons themselves dont make sense having spikes that actually hinder you from a better attack. and also can hurt you!

Honestly I feel like deadra would be into some self inflicted pain =P

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - nOmnomnOm - 11-25-2014

As well as elves.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Omicron - 11-25-2014

The Skyrim weapons weren't actually that bad as far fantasy settings go. The author of those vids linked even said what could be done to make some of those weapons work even in RL.

Yep.
proportions essentially

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - tothebonezone - 11-25-2014

(11-24-2014, 04:17 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Sorry Final Fantasyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cloud can also summon the various elements, a shower of meteors, and a GIANT FÆING DRAGON THAT OBLITERATES ENEMIES FROM SPACE LIKE AN ORBITAL ION CANNON.

It's called FANTASY for a reason.

(11-25-2014, 03:17 AM)Saronsen Wrote:
(11-24-2014, 04:17 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Sorry Final Fantasyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cloud can also summon the various elements, a shower of meteors, and a GIANT FÆING DRAGON THAT OBLITERATES ENEMIES FROM SPACE LIKE AN ORBITAL ION CANNON.

It's called FANTASY for a reason.

why not just make a sword then the size of a skyscraper