Discovery Gaming Community
I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... (/showthread.php?tid=123116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Marburg - 11-28-2014

I can nutshell all this very easally: Fantasy has no relation to reality, so if the fantasy geeks want to shirk realism, that's their problem. If you're one of those that get a bit irked that there's not enough reality injected into your fantasy, then you're wasting your time spinning your wheels at the base of the wrong tree. Your opinion will always be irrelevant to them

Let 'em have their loopy fantasies. that's simply their thing. ...It's not like trying to inject realism into fantasy makes anyone seem any smarter or cooler, it just makes the geeky of any stripe appear that much more geekier

Simply live & let live, bitches.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - nOmnomnOm - 11-28-2014

if physics in that world dont make sence that is not supported by magic that is in that world... then its wrong.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - t0l - 11-28-2014

(11-28-2014, 01:06 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: if physics in that world dont make sence that is not supported by magic that is in that world... then its wrong.

or just absolutely no one can be arsed to care

that too

(11-28-2014, 01:55 AM)Tal Wrote:
(11-28-2014, 01:06 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: if physics in that world dont make sence that is not supported by magic that is in that world... then its wrong.

or just absolutely no one can be arsed to care

that too

Seems some people do )))

Or you can just live in your magical fantasy with disgusting weaponry that can hurt yourself )) Big Grin

My preference is I would rather have sexy awesome looking weapons that make sense.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Thyrzul - 11-28-2014

(11-28-2014, 12:06 AM)Marburg Wrote: Fantasy has no relation to reality

Fantastic elements of a fantasy are usually only an addition to realism, rather than a substitution. After all, even despite the weirdest spells and creatures, you still experience real physics, individual behavior, decision-making, etc. in most of them, don't you?

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - VoluptaBox - 11-28-2014

Sometimes. But it's not a given. A game that distances itself from that isn't necessarily good or bad. It just boils down to whether it's down your alley or not.

Fantasy still needs some physics to work.
Even if you mold some physics, there are some that just can't be avoided.

And when you add the concept of gravity then you cant change other physics so easy.

Plus, for super magical strength, it is much more efficient for them to have a lighter weapon.

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Haste - 11-28-2014

(11-28-2014, 07:18 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Fantasy still needs some physics to work.

According to whom?

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - t0l - 11-28-2014

nobody cares

let the kiddies roll about in their fantasies consisting of scantily clad catgirls wielding larger than life weapons

how does this relate to us in any manner

RE: I'm Sorry Fantasy Lovers... - Rodent - 11-28-2014

The word fantasy itself implies a certain dissociation from 'reality'. We don't invent fantastical worlds so we can relive our real groundhog day lives for the most part. And apart from that common factor, fantasy can be...anything, really. Have fun with it.