Discovery Gaming Community
Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions (/showthread.php?tid=123120)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - sindroms - 11-24-2014

Hey.
I will keep my personal opinion out of this one, but here's the thing.

Disco as a mod is not dead. Though the playerbase is scattered over a huge amount of 5player servers. Please pull the plug on being able to make custom servers from future mod versions, so that the only place you can play future Disco versions would be the Official server.

I know this is a bit anti-consumer and such, but usually when activity drops, server clusters are merged. I suggest doing the same.

Players Online - 12 09:50 AM GMT

Quote:After talking over with Alley over skype, I think I need to reword the initial post.

I am not talking about DELETING servers. I am talking about MERGING them, existing progress included.

Removing spare servers and instead having two. A RP server and a PVP sandbox server.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - nOmnomnOm - 11-24-2014

+1 the dragon has a point.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Ellie - 11-24-2014

I have to agree with you on this. A larger player pool would be pretty nice.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - nOmnomnOm - 11-24-2014

Is there a reason though for the private servers atm or is it just because playing alone is fun to people?

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Sabru - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 09:39 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: +1 the dragon has a point.

i think the abundance of servers is the "i want to be the boss of the sandbox" attitude some people have.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - AeternusDoleo - 11-24-2014

I disagree. When people -want- a populated place, the natural place to go to is the official server for the mod. When people don't want that for any reason, trying to force them to go to the official server will just drive them from the game entirely.

Activity starved servers tend to die on their own. Eventually, this'll be the fate of DiscoGC as a mod as well.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Vogel - 11-24-2014

... Why is nobody getting responses from the actual members/admins of those servers? Or are we just going to write off the peasants as Luddite curmudgeons afraid of change and nationalize their hovels? Come on.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Swifty - 11-24-2014

I like the idea. Tho people may be pissed about it.

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Sabru - 11-24-2014

(11-24-2014, 10:24 AM)Carter Wrote: I like the idea. Tho people may be pissed about it.

People will get pissed about anything.

(11-24-2014, 10:20 AM)Vogel Wrote: ... Why is nobody getting responses from the actual members/admins of those servers? Or are we just going to write off the peasants as Luddite curmudgeons afraid of change and nationalize their hovels? Come on.

I'd think that it's a numbers game. very few rural peasants compared to more numerous city-dwellers. why cater to such a comparatively small minority?

RE: Disco Tough Love: Remove Non-Official server compatibility from future versions - Alley - 11-24-2014

These players aren't on dgc because they have no wish to be here or find something on that other server they don't find here.
There's no need to force them to come, when their server will die they'll come here or go somewhere else.