Discovery Gaming Community
Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet (/showthread.php?tid=123431)

Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Gondoros - 12-06-2014

So I got a Samsung Ativ S on Windows, and silly me, I installed the latest update on it. Big mistake, my phone won't turn on now, I mean it does but it's only showing the windows icon on it, thats it. Any advice on what should I do? I mean I don't wanna throw an almost one year old phone, away.
Curse all updates ( except the disco one Big Grin)

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Lythrilux - 12-06-2014

Don't you have a warranty with your device?

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Gondoros - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 12:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Don't you have a warranty with your device?

Yes i do, but apparently it's not valid, the answer I got is that there is physically nothing wrong with the phone, its a software issue, so the warranty does not apply.

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Lythrilux - 12-06-2014

Uhhh, try contacting Windows then.

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Hannibal - 12-06-2014

Not sure if it will work but you could try Nokia Software Recovery Tool, that's the risk in choosing a windows phone,don't do the same mistake again Big Grin

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Gondoros - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 01:12 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
  Not sure if it will work but you could try  Nokia Software Recovery Tool, that's the risk in choosing a windows phone,don't do the same mistake again Big Grin

After hours of research and failed attempts I finally managed to reset it. Lost what I had on it , but still at least it works.

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Hannibal - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 05:01 PM)Gondoros Wrote:
  Not sure if it will work but you could try  Nokia Software Recovery Tool, that's the risk in choosing a windows phone,don't do the same mistake again Big Grin

After hours of research and failed attempts I finally managed to reset it. Lost what I had on it , but still at least it works.

Just out of curiosity: How you manage to solve your problem?

RE: Umm, help me not throw money down the toilet - Gondoros - 12-09-2014

(12-06-2014, 06:12 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 05:01 PM)Gondoros Wrote:

Just out of curiosity: How you manage to solve your problem?

I did some digging and found a software, well more like a handful of softwares from windows that used together help you reset the phone to factory settings. Saved them in case i need them again Cool