Discovery Gaming Community
A new starter system - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: A new starter system (/showthread.php?tid=123613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A new starter system - Cælumaresh - 12-11-2014

You know how all the new players undock, and the first thing they see is a Liberty cap which makes them think 'I want that!'?
I thought of a perfect solution for this thing:

A new system, similar to Bastille with one way jumpholes leading to the house capitol systems. It would give new players the option of where they want to make their start, other then to be forced to spawn in Liberty or any other house.

Thoughts?

RE: A new starter system - WesternPeregrine - 12-11-2014

If the battleship is the problem, Why not remove just that?
It's not essential to have the battleship there anyway. Just put some weapons platforms if there is really a security issue.

RE: A new starter system - Vendetta - 12-11-2014

A new starter system has been discussed and suggested plenty of times before. Someone would have to make it in order for it to be implemented.

RE: A new starter system - tommyt127 - 12-11-2014

yep. make the battleship go away on assignment, or start from a 'poorer' system

RE: A new starter system - Carlos De La Cruz - 12-12-2014

I can't see why the battleship should be a problem? There are plenty other BS's in the game..Why this one is a problem..?

And also don't know what do we need new system for..? Tell me, I'm quite new and maybe I'm wrong, but is /restart comm not enough?

RE: A new starter system - sindroms - 12-12-2014

The battleship is one of the reasons, true. When you undock from Erie and you are flying that dinky little boat and then you see that thing against the sun, it really looks epic. And obviously the player will want to get it at some point.

This is something I mentioned in my QnA video about caps. On retrospect, I think it is not a bad thing, really. If anything, it gives a new player a set goal in mind. A noobish one, but not something that will not change over time, when the person learns more about Disco and how the ship balance works.

Leave it as it is.

RE: A new starter system - tommyt127 - 12-12-2014

i think the restart could afford to lose a few profiles. it has made us have a lazy approach
there is of course split opinion on this HERE

as the server rules allow for the protection of low level players, maybe they should start just a bit further away from easy money
everybody new sells helium. i say make em trade normal commodities like everyone else. that field has an overbuffed mining rate anyway.

(12-12-2014, 12:59 AM)sindroms Wrote: when the person learns more about Disco and how the ship balance works.

too true. we have all wasted money on a big cap only to be immediately ganked by a swarm of snubs, at some point in our natural progression anyway.

there is always something to do on disco, even if you think you are at some kind of endgame (flawed concept imo)
we all learn this sooner or later. why not make it easier to learn?

RE: A new starter system - nOmnomnOm - 12-12-2014

You got a problem with caps?

I dont mind an easy target to shoot at.

(12-12-2014, 01:50 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: You got a problem with caps?

absolutely not. my favourite was always the lib dread, but turn nerf

i now favour battlecruisers, and the odd heavy snub. outcast ranseur remains awesome too