Discovery Gaming Community
Jumping out of combat... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Jumping out of combat... (/showthread.php?tid=123727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Omi - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 08:14 PM)Ross.Evans Wrote: New players should stop asking to nerf things that old players with cash use, such as Jump Drive/Cloak.
I paid over 125 million for a light cloak just to receive missile after missile from noobs who cannot aim at all, despite the fact that this game is supposed to be part shooter.
So I lost 125 million for a very cheap missile fired by a noob who suck at aiming. One or two weeks ago I got ganked by four players with missiles, they fired a missle, they run, and so forth.
This is the real annoying thing, missiles with almost CD turnrate.
Instead of nerfing the fights even more, you should start considering nerfing what is not logic at all (missiles with CD turnrate), or at least move the cloak on a special designated spot, so that I can use both Cloak and countermeasure.
Not to mention that cloaks can be easily disrupted and even tracked down with CDs, even if the target is cloaked. So stop complaining and accept the game as it is.
I worked a lot on this server to gather cash just to see them ruined by missile noobs.

hey i guess missiles aren't all bad after all
xddddddd

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Highland Laddie - 12-16-2014

Solution Winner!

Quote: Highland Laddie Wrote: Instead of making a jump interruptible via CDing (which Spazzy already noted could turn into a MAJOR troll fest), I'd rather like to see a specific weapon/equipment developed (or maybe even built via PoBs) that can interrupt or even disable them, either like an anti-jump Torpedo/Missle used by Bombers or Cruisers, or even like the gravity well from the Star Wars universe.
This way, you would have to specifically dedicate some part of your arsenal to disrupting jumps (and thereby sacrifice either a weapon slot or an equipment slot, which makes it balanced), instead of already taking advantage of CDs, which nearly all ships can carry in massive amounts.

I've been playing the Freeworlds: Tides of War Star Wars conversion for the last week now, and they have actual 'Interdictor Cruisers' that are more than just in name, they can emit an artificial gravity well that shuts down all trade lanes in their reach (when active) and also prevents jumping inside the grav well. Sounds like disco could use a real interdictor, that actually does something like 'interdict' other ships, possible jumpers. I have no problem with people negating a JD, but not with a worthless CD that anyone can have, seems like a money sink should only be able to be countered with another money sink. All we need is a ship with the same abilities, highly valuable, and balance can finally be achieved. And now that I think about it, Disco could stand to learn quite a bit from the FWTOW mod.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Sciamach - 12-16-2014

Posting arguements against people involved rather than an idea we stand behind shows weakness in your side of the conversation.
Well done.
I'd like to ask that everyone not get so up in arms about this as to turn to personal insults, lets keep this civil so some change can actually happen for once..
Furthermore: i'm considering making a seperate poll along the lines of:
How to fix jumping re-engagers:
A: add a rule preventing re-engaging
B: modify jump drive capibilies so that there is a way to disrupt jumps
C: do nothing
D: other
Not sure though

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Highland Laddie - 12-16-2014

How about instead of another silly poll with nerfing suggestions or rule changes....we just work on the suggestion of new weapons/equipment to trap or negate jump drives? Hmm? What? Yeah...how about that? You notice nobody complained about THAT idea?

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Garrett Jax - 12-16-2014

Haven't read this whole thread yet, but from what I've seen I have a question. Should the admins consider reinstating the fleeing 10k away from attacker and you're dead rule? Not suggesting it, just throwing it out there to gauge response to this possible option.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Hidamari - 12-16-2014

what we could do is remove cloaks, and jump drives, and then by extension jump survey modules, and then that would make POB's completely worthless and so we might as well remove those too.

thatd be grand

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Garrett Jax - 12-16-2014

Sorry Dii, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't remove POB. Too many players enjoy them and it wouldn't be worth it to remove them just to make you a little less bitter.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Haste - 12-16-2014

pobs confirmed for deleted next update

half life 3 confirmed for christmas 2016

next update confirmed to be scheduled for release on the same date

Also, the whole "Shields drop = Jumpdrive is cancelled" idea is actually really good, and someone should ask Alley if that's FLHookable. It somehow manages to be a good solution for gameplay purposes (not as abusable as CDs would potentially be) and happens to also be more or less explainable in 'roleplay terms', which I would say is a nice bonus.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Emile - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 11:10 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Sorry Dii, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't remove POB. Too many players enjoy them and it wouldn't be worth it to remove them just to make you a little less bitter.

It brings at least a lot of activity for the owners and all the attackers. Let alone a lot of drama in between

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Hidamari - 12-16-2014

there are more bases than average player counts, so that comment is completely false and is provably so.

Nobody likes attacking player bases, and only insane obsesive compulsive people 'like' to supply them.