Discovery Gaming Community
Jumping out of combat... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Jumping out of combat... (/showthread.php?tid=123727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Black Widow - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 06:59 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote:
Furthermore, please keep in mind; battleship remain farming is about to become irrelevent.

Explain More??

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Fluffyball - 12-19-2014

Jumpdrive is expensive. It's part of the game and part of the tactics.

This is why I got idea how to make alternative jump drives (which works rather like warps), replacing thruster (or something else) and making your ship "jump" by doing thrust to the 3000. That tactic however would require a lot of skill - because if you hit anything, like other ship or asteroid field, it means instant death.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Black Widow - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 12:03 AM)Toris James Gray Wrote: Jumpdrive is expensive. It's part of the game and part of the tactics.

This is why I got idea how to make alternative jump drives (which works rather like warps), replacing thruster (or something else) and making your ship "jump" by doing thrust to the 3000. That tactic however would require a lot of skill - because if you hit anything, like other ship or asteroid field, it means instant death.

Whats the point thrusting to 3000 speed? You would still be in the same system, the point of jumping is that you can leave the system!

Traveling at Warp speed is only worth it if the space is like EVE, never ending. Freelancer systems are not like that and have boundaries they are typically 800 - 900k in diameter.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Vendetta - 12-19-2014

I just wasted 30 minutes of my life shooting at your carrier. I can safely say, never again. I'm not even going to bother with you, ever. No matter what. It's a cheap tactic and it isn't fun for the people opposite of you. It's literally you spending 600-800 mil for the ability to circumvent the PvP death rules. It's a reengaging tool, bw. It's lame and not fun and I'm not even going to bother with it anymore.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Lord.Monty - 12-19-2014

no to mention trolling

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Lythrilux - 12-19-2014

Well this thread is about to get more interesting.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - t0l - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 04:29 PM)Vendetta Wrote: I just wasted 30 minutes of my life shooting at your carrier. I can safely say, never again. I'm not even going to bother with you, ever. No matter what. It's a cheap tactic and it isn't fun for the people opposite of you. It's literally you spending 600-800 mil for the ability to circumvent the PvP death rules. It's a reengaging tool, bw. It's lame and not fun and I'm not even going to bother with it anymore.

Jumpdrives, everyone.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Zed26 - 12-19-2014

Jumping multiple times out of combat or when faced with potential interaction are the leading reasons for proposing and implementing jump drive nerfs that affect everyone using them. I have thoroughly enjoyed the POB plugin and everything that comes with it, but I also like having fun with other people. Therefore, in order to prevent their total removal and causing a nuisance to others, I will continue to propose additional restrictions for as long as they are used irresponsibly.

Don't take these toys for granted. Don't be the reason why we can't have nice things.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Knjaz - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 04:29 PM)Vendetta Wrote: I just wasted 30 minutes of my life shooting at your carrier. I can safely say, never again. I'm not even going to bother with you, ever. No matter what. It's a cheap tactic and it isn't fun for the people opposite of you. It's literally you spending 600-800 mil for the ability to circumvent the PvP death rules. It's a reengaging tool, bw. It's lame and not fun and I'm not even going to bother with it anymore.
if you can get a (Battleship+Jumpdrive+Armor) + (Battleship+Hyperspace Scanner) for 600-800 millions... you're entirely sure about your pricing?
And ffs, you've nerfed battleships into the ground that much that JD is the only viable way for them to have a chance of escaping the battlefield.
Also, if you're alone and on a bomber you're unlikely to kill a BS.
If you have a friend, make him get a cloaked battleship, it'll counter the jumper just fine.
I'm honestly afraid to read those 14 pages of this thread.

P.S. In Discovery/Freelancer environment, wasting special equipment slot on something that will only allow you to save ~4-5 minutes to get to the battlefield is not justified. Hence, when you talk about such things as PvP deaths for jumpers, don't forget to throw in a use for this most expensive combat mechanic (that includes Jumpdrive itself + separate Au8 battleship with a hyperspace scanner installed) existing so far. Thank you very much.

RE: Jumping out of combat... - Black Widow - 12-19-2014

My ship is designed to be anti-bs anti-bc, I just cant fight a cruiser or bunch of cruisers since they are just too small to hit. A turret steering cruiser is even worse because its like cat and mouse.

I always loose at cat and mouse hence why I jumped out, I only jumped back in because I thought something larger would turn up! But it didnt and I wanted to save myself for the big fight.

Which happened later in Hudson, there was Cruisers, LABC and Dread. I fought to the death there and loved it.

Cruisers are the biggest troll to BS and I am not good against them, so if I can I try not to die by one.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience and hope we can meet again soon Smile

(12-19-2014, 04:31 PM)MKIV Supra Wrote: no to mention trolling

i was not trolling