Discovery Gaming Community
Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team (/showthread.php?tid=123780)

Pages: 1 2

Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - sindroms - 12-17-2014

Sup.

Simple suggestion.
See that money counter on the left?

Let's say that any money which is donated to the server after it has reached its 85$ minimum is then distributed to the dev team in order to motivate them to work.

Once the next month starts and the timer is reset, all of the money that goes until the 85$ is met goes to the server box. Anything after that - the devs.

Because money helps.

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Lythrilux - 12-17-2014

Sponsor an Alley for £1 a month? Sounds like a good suggestion.
Do we get plushies too?

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - tommyt127 - 12-17-2014

poll?

either to the devs and admins, or into an account for maintenance/hardware/extra running costs
i'm guessing the latter is all paid for by cannon anyway, so why not let him use it for that?

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Fluffyball - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 11:41 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Sponsor an Alley for £1 a month? Sounds like a good suggestion.
Do we get plushies too?

A Nomad plushie? AW YISSSSSS.

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - sindroms - 12-17-2014

Polls are useless.
The only people that vote on them are the people, who read the thread and alts. Does not accurately depict the view of the community.

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Haste - 12-18-2014

I have to admit that this sort of thing would probably work. I base this on experience with a certain individual, known on these forums as Haste.

I once met a Canadian guy while playing an ancient 2d spaceship game. He wanted to create a 'mod' if you will for that game that was inspired by EVE Online. He was also willing to pay for people helping him.

I was probably fourteen times more productive working for him than I was voluntarily working for a different server.

An important fact to note is that the Canadian's mod never got off the ground despite his willingness to pay people to help him build it, however.

In all seriousness, Cannon's paid for this server for rather a long time now, out of his own pocket. Don't you think the donations should go to paying for the server so that Cannon doesn't have to, rather than going to the dev team?

In addition, I don't think we'd want donators to feel like they should be able to influence the dev process more than others, by for example stating they don't want the mod to go in xyz direction since "they're paying the devs" or something.

Imagine the fun the devs would have deciding how to distribute the cash among them, as well. I'm really not convinced this is a good idea Big Grin

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Alley - 12-18-2014

Sorry but I'm doing this dev work because I LIKE doing it, I don't want to receive any kind of money for it.

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Garrett Jax - 12-18-2014

Yeah, nice sentiment but donations would be better served going to Cannon to keep this server up and running

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - Omi - 12-18-2014

donate your money to me instead

RE: Community suggestion: Funding the dev team - nOmnomnOm - 12-18-2014

why not just save it for the next month?