Discovery Gaming Community
New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics (/showthread.php?tid=124111)

Pages: 1 2 3

New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Lythrilux - 12-29-2014

Snak3 Wrote:Here's an idea:
* Weapon Platforms now consumes commodity Armaments.
* Owner has the choice to add valuable defences at the cost of increased supply requirements, which would force more activity.
* Or the choice to leave station without weapon platforms and rely on relationships, diplomacy and bribery to keep it safe.

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Doria - 12-29-2014

I like the idea... puts things more on the 'real' side...

add to that another idea: that destroyed platforms don't magically reapear after a couple minutes. perhaps after server restart or something...

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Hudson Trading Company - 12-29-2014

Wouldn't be very many bases left after a week or two if that happened though.

3am and a bunch of people log in and you wake up to find your base gone.

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Alestone - 12-29-2014

I can see this in an "as used" capacity, but putting it into the daily "feeding" regimen doesn't really make sense since the base may not shoot for days at a time.

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Sabru - 12-30-2014

(12-29-2014, 10:41 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
* Weapon Platforms now consumes commodity Armaments when active and firing.
* Owner has the choice to add valuable defences at the cost of increased supply requirements, which would force more activity.
* Or the choice to leave station without weapon platforms and rely on relationships, diplomacy and bribery to keep it safe.
I think the bolded edit would be a good compromise. That way, Area denial bases, and those that are big targets would require more shipments than quiet out of the way bases that hardly ever shoot.

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - |nfrared - 12-30-2014

The idea has merit, but supplying a POB is already time consuming enough as it is (in fact if the FOWRA hadn't been turned off over the holiday period, my only logged time would be on transports).

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - WesternPeregrine - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 12:19 AM)Sabru Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 10:41 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
* Weapon Platforms now consumes commodity Armaments when active and firing.
I think the bolded edit would be a good compromise. That way, Area denial bases, and those that are big targets would require more shipments than quiet out of the way bases that hardly ever shoot.

So it would be like the fuel for the shield? If that is the case, it could probably be easy to transplant the shield protocols to the weapon platforms, adjust the commodities, and test it.

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Kauket - 12-30-2014

Weapon Platforms should have a warning notification with the greentext saying something along the lines that if the person isn't going to leave and keeps loitering that the base will open fire, or that the base will warn "if you don't leave you will be opened fired on. First Warning." "Second Warning. Death imminent. " and gives a 5 second timer before shooting, alongside the idea. Because people passing by who are hostile may drain it.

The idea is pretty good too

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - nOmnomnOm - 12-30-2014

To those of you that dont own a PoB

Supplying a base even more doesn't give more activity.

You are all scared of some weapon platforms? Why? You can shoot them to disable them. Just no.

That is my 2 cents. I disapprove.

RE: New POB Weapons Platforms Mechnics - Hannibal - 12-30-2014

supplying a pob is too difficult as it is,one of the reason very few even dare to build one and after it gets destroyed it can demotivate that person so much as he/she will leave the game
My opinion?Adding armaments to the pob consumable list doesnt add up much...nothing really..
Exploits?Off course there is..i'll park my ship near the turrets,but not close enough for them to damage me(easy) and i'll open open a beer or more(depends how much 'armaments' are stored on the POB)