Discovery Gaming Community
Cinematic Competition - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cinematic Competition (/showthread.php?tid=124134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Cinematic Competition - Remnant - 12-30-2014

Cinematic Competition

Hello there ladies and gentlemen.

It's been a fact for a little while that our ModDB page has slowly begun to get rather.. dull. Lack of new content has been pushing it to a corner in the mod world. Something if fixed, may serve as a beacon for curious players to find their way to Discovery and join the ranks as players.

In light of this, the Administration team would like to host a Cinematic Competition to make use of the creative juices that this community is overflowing with. Hey, while you get a featured spot on the ModDB page, there's also some goodies up for the grabs.

What is a Cinematic:
A Cinematic can almost be related to a showcase. Short clips moving from one to another, showing off what Discovery is about. Some of the scenery, some action scenes, all sorts of ingame content mixed together usually along with some music to create a video at the end.

You can usually relate these to trailers, rather these are a little more gameplay based.

First Example -- See this video for an old example on what style we're looking for might be like. The speaking at the beginning of this isn't required, although generally a showcase of what Discovery is, accompanied with some music which gives the audience a feel is what we're looking for.

Rewards:
First Place: ModDB Featured Video + 1.500.000.000 Credits + 5 units of a roleplay commodity of your choice (Basically a make-your-own commodity, within reason)
Second Place: ModDB Video Section + 1.000.000.000 Credits
Third Place: ModDB Video Section + 500.000.000 Credits
All Serious Participants: ???

*You will get credit if your submission makes it to the ModDB page

Judging:

Judging will be completed by a panel of members. Those who are interested in participating merely have to send a Private Message to Moveit56 with a little message about what being 'unbiased' means. Yes, the Administration team makes you paranoid on some matters eventually. We'll know if you're voting for a friend.

Submissions:
Submissions are preferred to be uploaded to YouTube. Once complete, post a link to it on this thread, it'll be added to the review list for the deadline to be judged.

Deadline: January 20th, 2015

If there are any questions or comments, feel free to post them in this thread.

RE: Cinematic Competition - Syf - 12-30-2014

(Meanwhile saw this 10 seconds as it came up. *cough* Conrad *cough*)

Would be lovely for this to spark some creativity here and an actual video now that the old one is... well.. old. OwO

RE: Cinematic Competition - Black Widow - 12-30-2014

If Sindroms wants to team up I have multitude of caps ships with different technologies attached that I could showcase in a battle scenario whether Bret, Rheinland or Gallia I have bs with JDs Wink

Sindroms could direct and film

RE: Cinematic Competition - sindroms - 12-30-2014

Protege would be a better choice do to his recording rig and better experience at Sony Vegas. I focus more on simpler videos such as guides and letsplays. I just don't have the time to do a proper cinematic anymore.

I will need people to show off some of the more team-orientated stuff for the 2015 showcase, but I am waiting for the patch to come out before posting those, just in case I need to redo a few videos due to changes.

RE: Cinematic Competition - Auriec - 12-30-2014

If something needs to be done with Nomad battleships uncloaking, I am certain that can be arranged too.

RE: Cinematic Competition - Alvin - 12-30-2014

Get two massive house ship fleets

Film the fleets of their ship flying aligned at one direction
Then film both fleets fly towards and into each other
Instead of focus fire, all ships turret aim but press "#" key for spread firing.
Film it / slap a conquest related logo on it

Profit ???

RE: Cinematic Competition - Corile - 12-30-2014

Quote:Protege would be a better choice do to his recording rig and better experience at Sony Vegas. I focus more on simpler videos such as guides and letsplays. I just don't have the time to do a proper cinematic anymore.
Someone called for me?

That might be fun if someone has some ideas, cause I honestly don't know what could be put in such a video. I guess some sort of a massfight, some random formation of ships and what else?

I can definitely help with editing that sort of stuff.

RE: Cinematic Competition - Jack_Henderson - 12-30-2014

I'll gladly take a camera-man on an IMG convoy (and listen to his/her orders), to show the merits of playing together and acting as a team.

RE: Cinematic Competition - Sath - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 01:35 PM)Protégé Wrote:
Quote:Protege would be a better choice do to his recording rig and better experience at Sony Vegas. I focus more on simpler videos such as guides and letsplays. I just don't have the time to do a proper cinematic anymore.
Someone called for me?

That might be fun if someone has some ideas, cause I honestly don't know what could be put in such a video. I guess some sort of a massfight, some random formation of ships and what else?

I can definitely help with editing that sort of stuff.

I have some ideas, that -might- be of use.

RE: Cinematic Competition - Corile - 12-30-2014

Quote:I have some ideas, that -might- be of use.
Just PM me.

Also, I suggested some improvements to the camera ship for better effects, if this could be implemented before the deadline, we could have some really good cinematic vidz.