Discovery Gaming Community
Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... (/showthread.php?tid=124248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - Black Widow - 01-03-2015

all my most important ships: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=124176, ships that took me 6 months to build inRP and work?

What do I do, do I leave now I have lost everything or do I stay ? If I stay I cant seem to find the motivation to regain what I have lost so what do I do ??

Looking for some advice on this not on the reason I lost my ships but why I should stay, is it really worth putting in another 6 months of effort to get back what I have lost?

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - |nfrared - 01-03-2015

Man, I don't condone your actions, but you have displayed maturity in how you are handling it. I'd simply quit, and in fact think that is exactly the intention of the punishment. This is simply a "Jump or be pushed" situation - a choice with no real choice at all. Effectively a life sentence for smoking a joint.

Probably not what you are wanting to hear, but that's my take on it. Even if you stay, put one foot out of line and this will all be thrown back at you. Not a good way to play a game for entertainment.

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - sindroms - 01-03-2015

Kek.
You got only 6 months of work deleted.

Stop crying over pixels.

Get up.
Dust off.
Try again.
Do better.

I went through that 6 times.

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - SnakThree - 01-03-2015

If you enjoy the game, you will stay. Find avenues that you enjoy and are in line with the rules. Try different factions. Some can help you get back on your feet. Some can spark another reason to stay here. Avoid fruitless and pointless ooRP feuds and hatred. They bring nothing but negativity to all involved parties.

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - sindroms - 01-03-2015

I know it sounded harsh, but for petesake, you've been here as long as I have. Will a couple of ships lost really put a damper on your fun here? You did a bad thing, you got slapped. You knew it was a bad thing and you were ready to face the consequences. The consequences turned out to be harsher than you expected. So next time you will simply not consider ''taking a blow- it is only a sanction'' in order to do something stupid- simple as that.

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - Alestone - 01-03-2015

May not be what you want to hear right now, but you could try to mend fences. Some of the people involved are so multi-factional they seem schizophrenic. A lot of people have expressed an interest in you staying, so there must be some angle you can work if that is your desire.

You mentioned a Valor before, if you are really interested, take a vacation in France. Work it up, heck, you can even villain in character from that side compared to a lot of the folks I've seen you with.

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - Hannibal - 01-03-2015

Quote: is it really worth putting in another 6 months of effort to get back what I have lost?
"No" ,simple as that..
Just focus on something else,taking the same path will lead to same outcome,especially when it's about POBs ,jumpships ,scannships ;what i'm saying is that it's too easy to get emotional over something you took so long to build and so little to be destroyed(and/or stolen in your case)
Besides it's not like there's another game out-there that can satisfies your 'needs' better,actually this is the only one of it's kind still active Sad

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - Tutashkhia - 01-03-2015

Just look at me, total lost of my and GNG members' is much much much more than yours, especially I'm still being ignored, but I still continue playing. I just still find doing whatever I'm doing fun and I'm doing that. Stop crying here, instead of battleships make something smaller and continue getting your fun. I use to fly with all cap 8 armored GUnboats, but now I can't even afford cap6 Big Grin

You need motivation? Starting from nothing once again is a huge motivation. Wink

Something I do not understand here is the way you are actually acting through this.

You purposefully broke the server rules and got slapped. And instead of shutting up and sitting in the corner for a month or two, off the radar from both the admins and the rest of the community, you come crying to the forums about how trying to grief someone ended up with your stuff deleted, because you tried to pull a Basshunter.

Like, what is going through your mind at this point? This is not how it works. You should be quietly shuffling about and trying not to stand out after that sort of stunt, instead of sobbing about pixel battleships.

RE: Discussion: I cant seem to find any reason to continue playing after loosing... - Carlos De La Cruz - 01-03-2015

I agree with sindroms. Your real strength will be shown when you get up from nothing. You knew that this will happen when you started that private war. So now it's not time to greef and cry how bad is your situation but to get up and bulid you empire from scratch. Wish you best and hope to see you in space again. Maybe in different faction. Maybe this is a chance to start something totally new. Good luck.