Discovery Gaming Community
Just a few questions... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Just a few questions... (/showthread.php?tid=124250)

Just a few questions... - Emeraldstar82 - 01-03-2015

I've been playing discovery for a few hours now and I have had a few questions that I've been wanting to ask.

What systems are off limits?
I read on the wiki that Alaska and Ellesmere are for Liberty Police only and I found out that hard way that I'm not allowed in Luneburg. I was wondering if there are any more systems that are like these.

Sort of tying in with my previous question is one about trading, what systems aren't I allowed to trade through?
I found an article on the wiki regarding using the Hudson -> Hamburg jump hole and apparently it isn't allowed? Are there any more systems like this?

What does radiation do to your ship?
I've been flying through radioactive space and nothing has been happening, I'm half expecting nothing to happen at all or to suddenly lose hull integrity really quickly to then just implode in the middle of some dust cloud.

What are the different coloured chat lines and what do each represent?
So far I have found:
System chat - blue
Group chat - pink
Then I have seen in some videos, another shade of blue and green chat lines. I was wondering what these mystery ones are and if there are any more.

Player vs player can only be initiated by role playing a scenario except for some ID's which are pardoned from this rule?
I would just like to clarify on this before I go shooting every red name I see Smile

I really like discovery and would love to have my questions answered so I can question the game less so I can immerse myself more.

RE: Just a few questions... - Sabru - 01-03-2015

Green chat is PM's. can be either ooRP or inRP.
Blue is local chat. lightish blue is system chat. System chat is seen by everyone in the system, local is only seen by those within range (relating to scanners)

Radiation damages your hull health. the closer you get to a star/sun, the more damage you take. when you get close enough, its pretty much instant death.

Guard systems like Luneberg, Alaska and Ellesmere are inRP restricted. you can go there on anything. But if you dont have any of the authorized ID/IFFs, the NPCs will kill you.

the liberty-rheinland blockade is another inRP thing. you can trade going through Bering/hudson to rheinland and back, but if you are caught by lawfuls you can be subject to a number of measures including fines.

You are fairly correct on the PVP. be sure to pay attention to your ID restrictions on when, where and how you can PVP.

RE: Just a few questions... - Alexander - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 08:42 AM)Emeraldstar82 Wrote: What systems are off limits?
I read on the wiki that Alaska and Ellesmere are for Liberty Police only and I found out that hard way that I'm not allowed in Luneburg. I was wondering if there are any more systems that are like these.
Actually if you are green for LN and LSF you can go trough Alaska or Ellesmere , but if LN and LSF players see you they won't be happy.
Lunenburg as far I know is a guard system that mean only if you wear the same ID like npcs IFF you can enter.
E.G Lunenburg belongs to Bundushuh guard ---> IF you wear Bundushuh IFF and ID you can enter with no problems , but IF you have other ID and IFF you will get rekt by npcs.

Quote:Sort of tying in with my previous question is one about trading, what systems aren't I allowed to trade through?
I found an article on the wiki regarding using the Hudson -> Hamburg jump hole and apparently it isn't allowed? Are there any more systems like this?
IS a liberty-rheinland embargo , you can trade between Liberty-Rheinland via Bering/Hudson anything , but inRP only some commodities are allowed (see this) , if Liberty lawfuls or rheinland lawfuls catch you with breaking the embargo they won't be happy.

Quote:What does radiation do to your ship?
I've been flying through radioactive space and nothing has been happening, I'm half expecting nothing to happen at all or to suddenly lose hull integrity really quickly to then just implode in the middle of some dust cloud.
If you just pass trough a zone with radiation you won't take that much damage, but id somehow you "camp" there radiation can kill you.

Quote:What are the different coloured chat lines and what do each represent?
So far I have found:
System chat - blue
Group chat - pink
Then I have seen in some videos, another shade of blue and green chat lines. I was wondering what these mystery ones are and if there are any more.
Prtty much what Sabru said.

Quote:Player vs player can only be initiated by role playing a scenario except for some ID's which are pardoned from this rule?
I would just like to clarify on this before I go shooting every red name I see Smile
Actually all pvp engagements should be initiated by role playing , but there is an exception regarding nomad ID , but even if you wear nomad ID RP is encouraged.

Quote:I really like discovery and would love to have my questions answered so I can question the game less so I can immerse myself more.
I wish you good luck and have fun , do not forget to read Sever Rules, also I recomand you to join in some official/unofficial factions because playing with a team is usually better than solo. If you have more questions my skype ID is on my profile.