Discovery Gaming Community
Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner (/showthread.php?tid=124281)

Pages: 1 2

Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - Arioch - 01-04-2015

img.indy.miner has been Bastilled for:

Quote:2.1 System and local chats are to be kept in roleplay and in English at all times. Any OOC (Out of character) chat should be marked with " // " and only used when absolutely necessary. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.
3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game.

Consequences:
So here I am, enjoying my return from the holidays and such, and I decide to log a K'Hara and see what's up in the Tau's. What do I see when I get there (cloaked of course)? You get blown up. Then you undock... and don't leave. You continue to then argue ooRP in local chat that you don't need to leave, and repeatedly dock/undock in front of the person who killed you.
Aliens get really confused when they see a ship blown up, and then it appears seconds later. Using some alien sciencey stuffs, you're ship is now in a far away system called "Bastille". When you appease the alien overlords by explaining what the two rules above mean, and how you won't do that again, your ship will be brought back to normal space. SCIENCE!

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - DarkAngel430 - 01-04-2015

Ok, with all that has been put in front of me above, I accept it all, yes. I can't say I didn't, because I did all of it, all I can say is that I do what I have suffered in the server. However, I truly apologize and promise not to copy other rulebreakers no matter how important they are.

RE: Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - Remnant - 01-04-2015

What do the two rules listed above mean? Explain them to us please. We'd like to understand that you know these yourself.

2.1 System and local chats are to be kept in roleplay and in English at all times. Any OOC (Out of character) chat should be marked with " // " and only used when absolutely necessary. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.
3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game.

I know the rule very well, I promise not to break them. It's Xmas mate.

RE: Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - Arioch - 01-04-2015

That is you copy/pasting the rules. We want in your own words what they mean and how you will not be breaking them in the future.

Well it means that system and local chats are to be kept in roleplay. Any out of character chat should be used with // at all times. I suppose that's the first law broken.
But specially, a player who was killed during a PvP fight must not ENTER the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game; here, I capitilized "ENTER" to stress the fact that I was in the same system when it ocurred. So now I understand the rule. Thanks.

RE: Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - Arioch - 01-04-2015

(01-04-2015, 04:11 AM)DarkAngel430 Wrote: Well it means that system and local chats are to be kept in roleplay. Any out of character chat should be used with // at all times. I suppose that's the first law broken.
But specially, a player who was killed during a PvP fight must not ENTER the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game; here, I capitilized "ENTER" to stress the fact that I was in the same system when it ocurred. So now I understand the rule. Thanks.

Close, but not enough.

Let us clarify for you. System and Local are to be used only for roleplay. Only in extreme cases should you ever use "//" in local or system. In your case, that was not an extreme case. What you should've done in this case was to private message the |+| player, by typing "/R //". You failed to do that.

For the 2nd rule, you still aren't understanding. You must not enter or REMAIN in the system you were killed in, nor can you RP with anyone in the system you were killed in. You were "dead", so you either need to log off, or leave the system as soon as you are killed. You did neither.

Got it! I'll log off when killed just to make sure I don't get it wrong. I'll always use RP in system and local no matter what.

RE: Player Bastilled: img.indy.miner - Remnant - 01-04-2015

You've been released. Have fun.