Discovery Gaming Community
Decent Headset? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Decent Headset? (/showthread.php?tid=124458)

Pages: 1 2 3

Decent Headset? - Explorer487 - 01-08-2015

Okay so the other day, my headset sound died on one side. So i thought, meh, big deal. Then about ten minutes later i went to unfold the microphone on it to speak to peeps on TS and found the wires had all twisted on the outer edging and had split the casing. Rendering it pretty beyond hope, though to be fair, i've had it three years. So anyone have any recommendation for a decent one?
Not looking to spend megabucks on one of these things, though it needs to have decent sound on it. I.e loud music/bass won't cause the thing to crackle or sound 'Tinny'. Using my Sennheiser headphones at the moment, which are very good, though i do need a microphone. Preferably USB, saves having multiple cables going places since my Audio card ports are in an awkward location.
So any recommendations or would it be better just getting a desktop Microphone or something?
Cheers!

RE: Decent Headset? - aakopa - 01-08-2015

I have heard that HyperX Cloud is nice.

RE: Decent Headset? - Jack_Henderson - 01-08-2015

Never buy an expensive headset.
Buy the ones around 20 Euro, nothing higher.
Why? You will at some point forget you are wearing it, stand up, rip the cord out, roll over the cord with your chair, etc etc etc... and then a 150 Euro one is broken... as is your 20 Euro. In one case, you QQ, in the other one you go to amazon and rebuy, while going npnp.

Believe me, it is real Big Grin (=> 4th headset here)

RE: Decent Headset? - aakopa - 01-08-2015

If you already have high end headphones you should also consider getting boom mic that you can attach to them. ModMic is nice option.

RE: Decent Headset? - Chuba - 01-08-2015

Razer Kraken 7.1 USB - FRML

RE: Decent Headset? - Auriec - 01-08-2015

If you want to get a good one for a cheap price, I am currently using this one, which did not disappoint me so far. For a decent price (on german amazon it's 27€) you get good and clear sound without any noise. I personally really like that one. My brother has made similar experiences with my headset when I borrowed it to him and recently bought one for himself, too.

RE: Decent Headset? - Omi - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:55 PM)LordVipex Wrote: If you want to get a good one for a cheap price, I am currently using this one, which did not disappoint me so far. For a decent price (on german amazon it's 27€) you get good and clear sound without any noise. I personally really like that one. My brother has made similar experiences with my headset when I borrowed it to him and recently bought one for himself, too.

+1

Currently using this headset and it's great.

RE: Decent Headset? - ALG Classic - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:55 PM)LordVipex Wrote: If you want to get a good one for a cheap price, I am currently using this one, which did not disappoint me so far. For a decent price (on german amazon it's 27€) you get good and clear sound without any noise. I personally really like that one. My brother has made similar experiences with my headset when I borrowed it to him and recently bought one for himself, too.

I had this for a while, but the microphone died after a few months.

RE: Decent Headset? - Explorer487 - 01-08-2015

Looks like i'll take a looksie at the one favourite, anything beats having to use my phone as a mic and have like 4 cables plugged in to make that work..*sigh*

At one point i was considering soldering several contacts on my old mic to a plug, wiring it up and sticking it to my headphones. Though the circuit board for the USB on the headset was pretty toasted. Just a bunch of twisted wires.

RE: Decent Headset? - evanz - 01-08-2015

i got a USB 7.1 gamecome 788, cost about £35 i think, if you got a usb slot on top of you comp plug into there, no chance of getting it caught