Discovery Gaming Community
Using both devices on the same ship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Using both devices on the same ship (/showthread.php?tid=124491)

Using both devices on the same ship - ispanol777 - 01-09-2015

Hello dear citizens of Sirius!
Help me please.
Do you know is it possible to use Hyperspace Survey Module Mk2 and Jump Drive Module Series III in one ship?
As i know:
- Hyperspace Survey Module Mk2 needs 600 cargo space to mount + 700 for H-Fuel
- Jump Drive Module Series III Needs 900 cargo space to mount + 420 for H-Fuel

summarize = 600+700+900=2200 but RM BS has only 1800. So its impossible to use both. Right?

RE: Using both devices on the same ship - nOmnomnOm - 01-09-2015

As far as I know... Yes. And it won't be a smart idea anyway because you need some extra space to hold at least some fuel needed for your equipment to function.

RE: Using both devices on the same ship - ispanol777 - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 03:05 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: As far as I know... Yes. And it won't be a smart idea anyway because you need some extra space to hold at least some fuel needed for your equipment to function.

And how players do jumps with Jump Drive Module Series III if they dont know coords? May be they use some legal program to calculate coords?

RE: Using both devices on the same ship - Cuttsy - 01-09-2015

You either have to get some body to do the cords for you, that has a ship with a Hyperspace Survey Module or you have to get a transport or a cruiser with a Hyperspace Survey Module and do it yourself! Obviously ull need some one to fuel you if using a cruiser for surveying.

RE: Using both devices on the same ship - Alestone - 01-09-2015

It can be done, but you need a hellabig ship to do it, a fueller to run with it, and the warship you use will be horribly under performing since the cargo space that would normally be taken for armor has to be sacrificed to the equipment you want to emplace.

All that said, you really want a JD4 because you will not be using this as an effective warship in an equal engagement, so it, in effect becomes a jump carrier.

As regards the fuel, you do not consume it all at once, so you can tractor fuel in from your surroundings (your fuelling ship drops the cargo) as space comes available.

RE: Using both devices on the same ship - Mímir - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 03:20 PM)ispanol777 Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 03:05 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: As far as I know... Yes. And it won't be a smart idea anyway because you need some extra space to hold at least some fuel needed for your equipment to function.

And how players do jumps with Jump Drive Module Series III if they dont know coords? May be they use some legal program to calculate coords?

You either know people who have the coordinates on skype, or you make a shared zoner carrier with a scanner with some friends, and then go around and scan stuff when needed.

You can have a battle-capable and armored ship with a JD3 and enough fuel for 1 jump if you look at ships with 1700+ cargo or something like that. Rheinland Carrier, Turtle, super technologically superior Zoner caps (of course) and very few other battleships can field full guns, CAU6, JD3 and fuel.

Ok/
And what if I write in my paper frequently used locations and will use them when its necessary?

RE: Using both devices on the same ship - Highland Laddie - 01-09-2015

It's probably easier and more cost effective to just have a dedicated hyperspace survey ship...and then you just sell those coords to the jumpers. ;P

(01-09-2015, 05:26 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: It's probably easier and more cost effective to just have a dedicated hyperspace survey ship...and then you just sell those coords to the jumpers. ;P

Hahahaha)
You are real businessman!!! Grate! Smile
Now i have idea for nick "merchant coordinates" or "Lord of the coordinates"