Discovery Gaming Community
The Pirate ID - New Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Pirate ID - New Changes (/showthread.php?tid=124513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

The Pirate ID - New Changes - Arioch - 01-10-2015

Uncle Finn here, with another important announcement!

We've been watching how people treat/act in regards the Pirate ID. Sadly, we've seen Players using the pirate ID to act more as a terrorist than a pirate. They place demands on navies/police knowing full well that these will never be met, basically just as an excuse to pvp without violating the ID. Looks like we need to change it up a little bit, due to the aforementioned abuse with the ID. You naughty community you...

Henceforth, the Pirate ID as seen here:

Quote:* - Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect a ship of the same affiliation.
* - Can demand cargo and credits from any ship, and attack them if they do not comply.
* - Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Will now read like this:

Quote:* - Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect a ship of the same affiliation.
* - Can demand cargo and credits from Transports, Liners, and Freighter class vessels, and attack them if they do not comply.
* - Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Happy hunting those Transports, Liners, and Freighters! Don't worry LPI, you're safe from being pirated of your Donuts...

Updated fix of Pirate ID (GrnRaptor's suggestion)
* - Can demand cargo and credits from all except House Military/Police/Intelligence, Bounty Hunter, and Order IDs unless the target is flying on a Freighter/Transport/Liner.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Wesker - 01-10-2015

Wait can you add miners to that list? They are transport like vessels as well.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - WesternPeregrine - 01-10-2015

They are included, miners are either freighters or transports.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Technogeist - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 12:41 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: Wait can you add miners to that list? They are transport like vessels as well.

Bigger mining ships presumably count as a transport already I think npnp

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - AshHill07 - 01-10-2015

Not sure if miners were overlooked or deliberately omitted. Either way removing their ability to essentially engage Navy/Police at will is more than welcome from me.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Fluffyball - 01-10-2015

Not to be rude, but it takes away the ability to initiate combat, because Pirate ID is very rephacked already, as no one likes them, even pirates. I mean, Outcast ID even is less rephacked, even though it has also the very wide ZOI.

If you changed Pirate ID like that, please brink back the Terrorist ID and everyone will be happy with that. It could be rephacked, like Pirate ID, as enemy to all lawfuls and have no cells on any other but Civilian stuff and not rephacked against known terrorist faction, as Blood Dragons, Red Hessians, Xenos, etc.

TERRORIST ID Wrote:* - Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect a ship of the same affiliation.
* - Can demand cargo and credits from any ship, and attack them if they do not comply.
* - Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

TERRORIST ID ver 2 Wrote:* - Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect a ship of the same affiliation.
* - Can attack any ship except for transports.
* - Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Also, Pirate ID wasn't exactly a pirate one. It felt more like a generic unlawful character.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2015

it's ok i found a better ID to troll around with that replaces the Pirate ID

Also pirate ID was cool because you could pirate other pirates.

#final-nail

We all know the true reason why pirate ID was nerfed in the first place.
*cough* CGS *cough* LR- *cough* rages

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Eugen - 01-10-2015

yay they can not pirat my BS anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Wesker - 01-10-2015

I must say it kinda is dumb tho I mean like a ton of the good fights spawn with pirates fighting a lawful faction. Can we make another freelancer ish ID to engage navy lolwuts with?

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Fifty. - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Drrobe Wrote: Don't worry LPI, you're safe from being pirated of your Donuts...

Whew, was worried there for a second.