Discovery Gaming Community
Conquest for real - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Conquest for real (/showthread.php?tid=124669)

Conquest for real - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-13-2015

Allright guys new stuff new thoughts new ideas new mind new brain new- ok I gotta stop this.
I guess everybody knows what this baby is:
[Image: 250px-Freeport4.jpg]
Yes, it's a Base, a Station (Realy Snake? Yes.)
Now, I'm not done. Look at this:
[CONQUEST]
Allright, allright, been discussing this with a couple of people, about the Conquest Mod to be put inside the Discovery Mod. I remember that Disco of Disco had it for a while (Dunno if it still does) and it seemed interesting. Now now, hold on your breath, the idea you think now was already discussed many times, but the one I'm bringing here is actually a new one.

So this "Conquest" version would work like that. The Conquest System will be build inside the ID's, now I don't know if this is possible, but imagine the possibilities. The ID has ZOI restrictions and other RP restrictions, together with your IFF you have to follow certain rules, means you can't just engage anything you want, it must make sense in your RP. But this would be build into YOUR ID, so this way you could only conquer bases/stations which are allowed in your ZOI and would RPly make sense, while your ID would restrict you conquering other Bases.

This means, when you shoot at XXX-Station which your ID is allowed to conquer, you can actually shoot at it and a close explosion animation will appear (Like conquest in Disco of Disco) the base will burn. After Server restart, it will have the IFF which your ID / Ship had.
However if you shoot a base out of your ZOI and if conquering that base wouldn't make any sense inRP either (which is already build into your ID) then you wont be able to conquer the Station itself, because the ID or IFF would restrict you.

Said Capitals, as you know New York, New Berlin and so on are not allowed to conquer, these can only be changed via Special RP and the approval of Dev, together with you actually beeing a part of the Official Lore and Faction.

So, some will ask "What about the Sirius Wide ZOI once", yes yes. Like I said, you will be only able to take over the Base/Station that your ID has build in as a reason of your ZOI and RP of the Faction. So as an example the Coalition wouldn't be able to take all bases over in Sirius, no, only the places which the RP and their ZOI makes sense that they would have such a force to conquer it INRP!

I'm sure you folks are already eager to wait for the Conclusion:

[Image: screen2.1.jpg]

So many asked "How would this even get people active", patience. I'm pretty sure if someone would even log just for the conquest, you'd have always people attacking and defending at certain locations, it's a connection of "where-is-activity". The very same system like on PoB's could be implemented in this too, "You'd have to warn on the forum before you take over a Station" and nobody will go QQ.

Now this may sound very PvP based, but get this... You can have a great RP followed with a great Defending and Attacking of the Base, or even Diplomatic solutions, making them clear WHY they shouldn't be attacking the Base inRP and get to an agreement, it has many options. If the Base is taken, simply retake it! Gather a force and defend it. I'm very sure it would also give a valuable NPC - Player action as the Officials would be actually worried about those Stations inRP and in real. The Players would actually care for the NPC's once, lol just an inside joke. This could follow to various RP options too.

So guys leave your comments, replies, ideas and thoughts about this. But I'm sure first we gonna hear the Devs telling us if this is actually possible to implement.
So get your Siege Cruisers ready!

[Image: 254px-LibSiegeCruiser-scopy.png]

RE: Conquest for real - Thyrzul - 01-14-2015

Should it apply only to a few select bases per ID, I'm all for it, else brb, logging my Redemption for some Gaul revolution during the night when about 10 ppl are online at max...

RE: Conquest for real - WesternPeregrine - 01-14-2015

Limited to some border bases between enemy factions.

A test could be done with the Hessian/Corsair bases in the Omegas, as they already simulate a territorial war.
After such test, the concept could be expanded to other regions/factions. Maybe limiting and moving it around certain theaters, to represent some sort of campaigns.

RE: Conquest for real - Kirill - 01-14-2015

Conquest plugin will require almost complete rework if you want to set those limitations. Now it can only be turned on/off for each base. Also it is based on another flhook, idk if it will work here.

RE: Conquest for real - Sabru - 01-14-2015

is it just me that sees that if this was done, every zoner and freelancer base would disappear within a week?

If it could be done only in cases like Hessians/Sairs, then sure. but widespread with this community? i scoff at you sir.

RE: Conquest for real - Highland Laddie - 01-14-2015

Meh....nah.

RE: Conquest for real - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 12:46 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Should it apply only to a few select bases per ID, I'm all for it.
Could work, specific Battle areas like Omega-49 guys. War Zones like New Hampshire and on each RP development, example if Omicron Delta would get a Warzone between Order, AI, Zoner, Nomads, Core and Sairs, it could be a "Conquest Sector". So later on it would become a Conquest System and the Bases in there would be able to be conquered, according to RP advancement.

So yeah specific systems becoming a Conquest Objects. Btw I forgot to add a poll o.o; Adims ken u halp plis? )))

Also guys please read everything :| I still see people saying "Meh Zoners and Freelancers will get conquest objects" allthough I clearly am mentioning that you would be able to conquer only inside the cirlce of your RP and ZOI, this means Freelancers and Zoners would be out of conquest, ONLY if it doesn't make sense to conquer the Station though, when the Zoners build their Stations inside a warzone well... It's their fault, shouldn't have build it there. ))

RE: Conquest for real - Connor - 01-14-2015

A conquest mod that applies to certain buildings/systems would add a little more fun for those that have wars. Obviously it should be restricted to those that are in the war so no Kuwait taking over systems/bases that Bretonia and Gallia are fighting over.

RE: Conquest for real - Colonel Mustang - 01-20-2015

I really like it, It could also get the Corsairs to be more active outside of gamma-eta when recapping their lost bases throughout the house systems

RE: Conquest for real - Burning - 01-24-2015

There are already many battlefield-systems like New Hampshire, Omicron Delta and the ones of the Bretonia-Gallia war.
Making some bases in these battlefield-systems captureable would cause RPs and pews. On my opinion, that's a good way to revive the battles in these systems (not only for raids).

Actually I'm expecting two problems here:
  1. In New Hampshire, for example, are not many stations/bases to capture. You'd have to add some. In the system map, you can set the filter to "political map". Don't know the possibilities of developening here, but maybe you could make them captureable. Negative point here: You don't really see/feel the change of the political map without watching on it.
  2. Let's say Rheinland just captured a base/battleship of Liberty in New Hampshire for example. The IFF changed, but it still sales the liberty equipment and ships.

Regards,
Burning