Discovery Gaming Community
5th Fleet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: 5th Fleet (/showthread.php?tid=124864)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

5th Fleet - 5th Fleet - 01-18-2015

[Image: DDZAIfc.png]

Origin

800 A.S
During the Nomad war, many of the most loyal and dedicated members of the Liberty Navy were forced to flee from their homes.
After weeks of hiding they managed to meet in a system where the infected Navy and LSF agents could not follow them. There, in that empty system, they concluded that they had a duty to protect the house of Liberty. Even if that means they would have to fight against their own house.
This is what would be later on known as the founding of the Liberty Navy 5th Fleet.
They did not have a whole army. Only a few battleships, some cruisers and fighters remained, and they began to run low on resources. Still, they were the last symbol of hope for Liberty. They waged a guerrilla war, attacking with the element of surprise where the Navy least expected an attack. They would destroy as many ships as they could. Then they would retreat, quickly fleeing the battlefield, when the Navy's reinforcements arrived.
After launching a great attack on a massive group of Nomads and infected in Alaska and sending a strike team to Juneau to destroy key assets, they found therein, plans for a new type of satellite. One that could detect cloaked vessels.
By this time, they were already working alongside the Order, and were aware that their leader Orilion had stolen a Liberty Navy experimental ship – “The Osiris”, a ship equipped with a cloaking device, and they maintained close relations, sharing information and technology.
The fleet command immediately contacted an order agent who was undercover on Buffalo base in New York. After passing on the revelation, the agent gave this info to Orilion.
After the Order had saved President Jacobi, and the defeating of the nomadic threat, the Fleet became the main peacekeeping force in Liberty whilst the Navy recovered. During this time they endeavoured to hunt down the remaining infected navy and LSF personnel, but for unknown reasons the government denied all of these requests.

806 A.S.
The fleet was disbanded, due to the fact that their members were mostly mustered from other fleets and divisions. When this happened, each and every member made a vow. A promise that when Liberty needed them once more, they would return and fight alongside the Primary fleet against the Republic’s aggressors. With bravery, courage, and honour.

820 A.S.
Space did not stay peaceful for long, as the Gauls invaded Leeds, threatening the security of Liberty and its allies. As the war drew closer to Liberty's borders, the fleet was reformed once more to serve, protect, and assist Bretonia and Liberty, till Bretonia regained its sovereign territory from the Gallic crown. However, that is not the only brief, as the fleet are tasked to deliver a final strike to the remains of the old Rheinland Fleets.

Nowadays
15 years have passed from the time the 5th Fleet was put on reserve. However, the new threat is marching into Liberty. Rheinland has declared war against Liberty, and Gallia has stepped up for revenge.
It was decided. The 5th Fleet must be brought back and put in service once again. To protect and serve the people of Liberty and defend against military invasions or alien infestations. Civilians can rely on 5th Fleet in time of their need as pilots will rush down to remove any threat ranging from Artificial Intelligence to Zoners.
5th Fleet can be seen on regular patrols, enforcing embargo, rooting out smugglers and hunting down pirates.

Goals and Objectives
⋆ Assist Bretonia against Gallia
⋆ Combat against Rheinland Military's pressure
⋆ Assure peace and order within the Republic of Liberty

Diplomacy
██████ - Allied
⋆ Liberty Navy
⋆ Liberty Security Force
⋆ Liberty Police, Inc.
⋆ The Big Three

███████ - Friendly
⋆ Bretonian Armed Forces
⋆ Bretonian Police Authority
⋆ Bretonian Corporations
⋆ Libertonian Corporations
⋆ Bounty Hunters Guild
⋆ The Council

███████ - Neutral
⋆ Everyone neutral to the Navy
███████ - Hostile
⋆ Criminals
⋆ Rheinland Corporations
⋆ Gallic Corporations
⋆ The Hellfire Legion

██████ - At war
⋆ Rheinland Military
⋆ Gallic Royal Navy

Zone of Influence

[Image: VXZlywh.png]

Ranks within the fleet
⋆ Fleet Admiral
Leader of the Fleet.
⋆ Admiral
Can fulfill Admiral duties
⋆ Vice Admiral
Can fulfill Vice Admiral Duties
⋆ Rear Admiral
Can command ships up to Carrier class.
⋆ Captain
Can command ships up to Battleship class.
⋆ Commander
Can command ships up to Battle Cruiser class.
⋆ Lieutenant Commander
Can command any ship up to Cruiser class.
⋆ Lieutenant
Can command any ship up to Gunnboat class.
⋆ Ensign
Can pilot fighters and bombers.

Roster
⋆ Fleet Admiral Jack O'neill
⋆ Admiral Richard Valence
⋆ Rear Admiral Maverick O'Howell
⋆ Captain Max Fox
⋆ Commander Tazyn Locust
⋆ Commander Jim Schofield
⋆ Lieutenant Commander John Sader
⋆ Lieutenant Commander Alex Brooks
⋆ Lieutenant Commander Markus Drumfire
⋆ Lieutenant Commander Mark Webb
⋆ Lieutenant John Armada
⋆ Ensign Duke Hauser
⋆ Ensign Daryl Hopkins

Technology in Use
Snubcrafts:
⋆ LZF-9805 Liberator
⋆ BDR-804 Guardian
⋆ BDR-845 Avenger
⋆ XB-2 Havoc Mk II
⋆ Li-117 Upholder

Capital Vessels:
⋆ Liberty Gunboat "Defiant"
⋆ Liberty Siege Cruiser "Archer"
⋆ Liberty Assault Battle Cruiser "Interdictor"
⋆ Liberty Dreadnought "Overlord"
⋆ Liberty Assault Carrier "Atlantis"

Weaponry and equipment:
⋆ Civilian and Codename weaponry for Snubcrafts
⋆ Liberty Snubcraft and Capital ship Weapons and Equipment

Feedback and Other Info
Fleet Admiral - Morosz
Admiral - EagleShard

Money is on 5th|BANK

RE: 5th Fleet - Corile - 01-18-2015

Big yes. I've been playing with you fellas pretty much since I started playing on Disco and I have nothing to complain about. You've very much overcome the initial issues with capspam and thank goodness for that.

Good luck.

RE: 5th Fleet - sindroms - 01-18-2015

Gonna have to agree with Protégé on this one.

The 5th came around right after the 41st attack group, which pretty much made Liberty a more hostile place than it should have been. Needless to say, the comparison between two groups was quickly made, but over the last year or so the 5th proved to be not only a fun group to chill with, but also have not rested on their progress and moved forward with both improving their relations with the rest of the community and improving their RP quality as a whole.

If anything, the 5th are a good example of a new group done right- a rocky beginning, plenty of perseverance and in the end- a very active group of peeps, who are fun to fly with and against and surely a worthy candidate to rival the now stagnant [LN] for the role of the ''proper'' navy group in Liberty.

RE: 5th Fleet - Connor - 01-18-2015

The 5th have had a pretty poor start to the game, engaging without RP, ganking lone fighters with 5+ caps, metagaming really hard and all of that but like the others have said, there has been a huge improvement to this group (With the new Leadership).

I still think there needs a little bit of work done just to write out the last of the cap ganking snubs, metagaming and the NoRP engage (As it still happens sometimes) but that can be worked on easily.

I wish you guys the best of luck

Quote:The 5th came around right after the 41st attack group, which pretty much made Liberty a more hostile place than it should have been. Needless to say, the comparison between two groups was quickly made

The 5th came about just after/shortly before the 41st died. I don't think the 41st and the 5th had very much interaction at all. I suppose it was great timing because SFC were slowly dieing as well so we needed a replacement group.

Just a quick question, how many members do you have?

RE: 5th Fleet - Liberty Navy - 01-18-2015

Having seen the improvement you all have made in the last few months, and many of our members flying alongside you personally, the Liberty Navy wishes you the best of luck in your officialdom request.

RE: 5th Fleet - Fluffyball - 01-18-2015

I agree with that!

5th is better and better during roleplay, yet they are one of the most active factions ever. Please, have my upvote. You never failed me to amaze me with level of roleplay, so far. Smile

Also, isn't 5th using Adapted Nomad Tech as well, I mean, having the access to such?

RE: 5th Fleet - Sciamach - 01-18-2015

You all have a long way to come from what I've seen in-game. Luckily for you though, you've got 3 months to do it.

Here's hoping you can pull it off- Good luck.

RE: 5th Fleet - Sarawr!? - 01-18-2015

(01-18-2015, 10:38 PM)sindroms Wrote: If anything, the 5th are a good example of a new group done right- a rocky beginning, plenty of perseverance and in the end- a very active group of peeps, who are fun to fly with and against and surely a worthy candidate to rival the now stagnant [LN] for the role of the ''proper'' navy group in Liberty.

I'm not sure about "stagnant", nor do I believe there needs to be a rivalry here; the two groups already work together quite decently on average alongside one another, and the [LN] (AKA First Fleet/Primary Fleet) as it exists now is only meant to represent one fleet (The Primary Fleet) of the Navy, so really it's not a situation that needs to become a rivalry should more "fleets" gain official status, in my opinion, and I believe this opinion is shared by current leading members of the [LN] as well.

I for one wish the 5th good luck, and I hope to see the 5th and [LN] continue to work (and play) well alongside one another regardless of anything else.

RE: 5th Fleet - AlphaWolf215 - 01-18-2015

I have 2 questions really. Quite quick easy ones (hopefully i don't ramble on).

Firstly, how will you guys react towards [LN] if this gets approved? [LN] is viewed by the Lib Gov as THE navy (if that makes some sense). How will your RP tie in around this?

Secondly, who said you could use "Bretonia Snubcraft and Capital ship Weapons and Equipment"? I'd like to know this as BAF| lead, as we certainly haven't said you can use ANY of our tech yet.

That aside, good luck to you guys. You have certainly come a long way since you started. It's nice to see a faction grow like that, so i wish you all the best.

RE: 5th Fleet - Connor - 01-18-2015

Quote:Firstly, how will you guys react towards [LN] if this gets approved? [LN] is viewed by the Lib Gov as THE navy (if that makes some sense). How will your RP tie in around this?

I do have an Idea for this. As Sarawr they should be 2 different fleets but the 5th fleet could deal with Bretonia and Gallia whislt the [LN] Fleet deal with Liberty internal and the remainder of the Rheinland/Liberty war?