Discovery Gaming Community
Video Recording Software - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Video Recording Software (/showthread.php?tid=125172)

Pages: 1 2

Video Recording Software - Connor - 01-25-2015

Hey guys. Does anyone have any decent recording software out there so that I may record my games. FRAPs sucks and it loves to lower my FPS from 60 to 15 in fights. Any suggestions that won't cause this problem? Doesn't matter if it doesn't compress the raw footage.

RE: Video Recording Software - 9th.Legion - 01-25-2015

Bandicam Is a good one. U can also find it for free.

RE: Video Recording Software - sindroms - 01-25-2015

If you have a GTX 600 or above graphics card, I suggest using Shadowplay. Instead of the screen capture, it records data off of your GPU output and yes, I know I am simplicizing this way too much.

Also, dxtory is a good choice, but in short- if you want to get into recording, you need a decent enough rig. HDD write speed is also important- at least a 7200 rpm one is needed. Ram is also a thing.
And CPU.

So yeah. Get a good rig.

RE: Video Recording Software - evanz - 01-25-2015

spazzy is right here, you need a decent rig for full screen and high fps recording, i use fraps and records at 70-80 fps even in bf4/3 with high settings @ 1920x1080, it helps i got 8 gig overclocked ram and a 780ti, before that i had a 560ti, and that struggled full screen recording

also helps if you have a 2nd harddrive again the faster the better, mine ar 10000 rpm, not an external one, recording to usb drive is pointless

i tried dxtory and others but for me, fraps was better, people get different results with different machines

RE: Video Recording Software - Connor - 01-25-2015

Thanks for the advice. I don't fancy buying a new machine and I'm using an old laptop (3/4 years) with Intel Integrated Graphics aha.. I'm not going to be recording a lot like you do, Spazzy but it would be nice to record a few events like the last Poole event at slightly better quality.

As far as I'm aware, Bandicam (The free version) projects this annoying text at the top of the recording.

I'll give Dxtory a go but I've also heard you have to set it up (With alot of settings) and that shiz to get it running right.

RE: Video Recording Software - Sciamach - 01-25-2015

Open Broadcaster, one of the popular programs for streaming, can also record

I've yet to have any frame loss using it and its pretty easy to use

Its also

FREEEEEEEEEE

RE: Video Recording Software - Corile - 01-26-2015

Quote:I'll give Dxtory a go but I've also heard you have to set it up (With alot of settings) and that shiz to get it running right.
I do not recommend Dxtory if you don't have a powerful rig. It can drop frames without telling you and troubleshooting this stuff is a pain in the arse. Although the last time I was using Dxtory was like 1,5 years ago so they might have fixed that by now. My experience with it though was incredibly unreliable. Also, it's not free.

OBS tho is a really nice program, with almost the same config features as Dxtory, with the exception of FPS counter. It's completely open source and free so that's also a plus.

Alternatively, if you want a complete and full boom box for recording and streaming, you can give a bash for FFmpeg. It's a pain to set up, but it's incredibly versatile, cross-platform and open source.

RE: Video Recording Software - aakopa - 01-26-2015

Shadowplay or AMD Raptr are good options if you have proper video card, they use dedicated H.264 encoder on GPU to encoder on GPU for encoding so you don't get much of an fps hit.

RE: Video Recording Software - dirmaster0 - 01-26-2015

(01-25-2015, 07:03 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Open Broadcaster, one of the popular programs for streaming, can also record

I've yet to have any frame loss using it and its pretty easy to use

Its also

FREEEEEEEEEE

I second this, OBS is great for streaming as well as recording, +1UP

RE: Video Recording Software - Connor - 01-26-2015

I'll go ahead and take a look at OBS then.