Discovery Gaming Community
To: Kingdom of Bretonia; Republic of Liberty Subj: Immigration - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Kingdom of Bretonia; Republic of Liberty Subj: Immigration (/showthread.php?tid=125251)

To: Kingdom of Bretonia; Republic of Liberty Subj: Immigration - Eric Alexander - 01-26-2015

Crayter Republic to Kingdom of Bretonia, Republic of Liberty.

Subject: Immigration Centers; Refugee Situation

With the continued process of colonization on Yuma going along as planned, we will soon find ourselves in need of additional settlers in order to expand these efforts more rapidly. This is why I am contacting you today; mutual assistance. The Republic has need of skilled workers used to surviving in a harsh environment, something both of your governments currently have in spades. My proposal is a simple one, the Republic requests to establish immigration offices on Planet Sprague in the Omega-3 system, and on Planet Pittsburgh in the New York system.

Our intention is to actively seek out refugees from Leeds who’ve been displaced by the war against Gallia, and offer them the chance to come to settle on Yuma. While military volunteers would be welcome, we’d also appreciate people willing to help us expand our settlements on Yuma, freeing up more of our trained military personnel to fight the Gauls. Our government is willing to pay for transportation of immigrants to our territory, and will provide them with any necessary medical care they need, as well as other basic necessities. We request the permission of your government to establish immigration centers on these planets.

The Republic is willing to help these people rebuild their lives, give them a new start. We can only guess as to the amount of resources these refugees are draining from your facilities. Helping to alleviate this burden on all of you is our duty, we do have a war to fight after all, and in a war it’s important for everyone to carry their own weight. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,
[Image: ouCbGq9.png]
Eric Alexander
Minister of the Interior
Crayter Republic

RE: To: Kingdom of Bretonia; Republic of Liberty Subj: Immigration - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 01-30-2015

[Image: 8KMlXjY.png]

Minister Eric Alexander of the Colonial Republic,

My sincerest apologies on the delayed reply. I can happily say though, that the Government of House Bretonia has come to a conclusion. Having reviewed your case thoroughly, we have a few conditions to put in place:
  • All Bretonian Citizens who join your programme do so through choice. It is the right of the People of Bretonia to accept or deny of their own free will.
  • Bretonian Citizens who aid you on "Planet Yuma" are provided with sufficient housing for them and their families, including sufficient food and water for an acceptable standard of living.
  • Bretonian Citizens who work under the Colonial Republic will be paid a sufficient wage for their job and living requirements.
  • The land loaned to you on Planet Sprague is still required to repay the cost of terraforming. A quarterly fee of 15 million credits will be required from you. This may be waived under agreement of the two Governments involved. This fee is payable to either: QCG|HMS-Victory OR QCG|HMS-Endeavour OR QCG|HMS-Majesty

As you can see, it all appears to be pretty "standardised" conditions. As I am sure you're aware Minister, contracts of this kind must be completely thorough, and at times infuriatingly obvious. If you find this agreeable, please notify us here. We will prepare the people over at Sprague to have an office ready for your arrival.

On behalf of Her Majesty's Government,

Hayley Winchester
Liaisons Secretary
Bretonian Government

RE: To: Kingdom of Bretonia; Republic of Liberty Subj: Immigration - The Republic Of Liberty - 02-24-2015

Mr. Alexander,

Thank you for bringing this proposal to us. The Gallic invasion of Leeds has levied a terrible cost of untold lives upon Bretonia's people. For this reason, we wholeheartedly support the recovery of these refugees so long as they are afforded all of their rights and dignity. As there is already infrastructure in place by way of the United Hope Foundation and other private initiatives, the only payment required will be a one-time fee of 10 million credits to cover all licenses and transport certifications, payable to Ferris.Dufresne.

You may also wish to contact Deep Space Engineering, as they are the primary backers of United Hope and manage operations on Planet Pittsburgh.

- Sam Worthington, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

RE: To: Kingdom of Bretonia; Republic of Liberty Subj: Immigration - Eric Alexander - 05-16-2015

[Image: lL4YltQ.png]

Dear sirs,

The Republic thanks you for your speedy responses, and apologizes for the delay in ours, we've had a few changes around here as of late. We would like to iron out a few minor details, if you don't mind.

Mister Worthington, of Liberty, my government agrees fully to the terms you gave us, you should see the transfer to the account you mentioned shortly. We also intend to contact Deep Space Engineering soon, thank you for the recommendation. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Mister Winchester, of Bretonia, we would like to discuss the payment you ask for. We would be willing to pay either 12.5 quarterly, or 30 semi-annualy, the choice is up to you. I look forward to your response.

I don't believe there is anything else we need to discuss presently, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
[Image: ouCbGq9.png]
Eric Alexander
Minister of the Interior
Crayter Republic