Discovery Gaming Community
Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa (/showthread.php?tid=125334)

Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-28-2015

Yeah this is just a small request however we'd like as the Prime AI's to request the Omicron Kappa music to be replaced with no_space_music from Delta, it fits more those 8-bit and mystic effects ((: pliz

Did it myself, all you have to do is to change inside the O-Kappa file the note there you see something like Main Music or something and Hostile music or stuff so the Main one you just have to replace with no_space_mu- why am I telling you this <_< I think you know how to do it, thanks!

The reason I request this is because you prolly gonna say "well then do it yourself" that's the problem, on each update I always have to edit the files, they don't stay like that, but if you put it it stays as this also for other people to have that feeling would be pretty neat.

RE: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - Kauket - 01-28-2015

When I was playing about with the map creator, I wanted to create a 'AI' infested kinda system but I couldn't because I didn't know how to set zone songs as the system song.

The ambient song DATA\AUDIO\SOUNDS\AMBIENCES\zone_field_mine.wav sounds perfect for a dead system infested/filled with unknown machines, but, music has to fit alongside visuals aswell. This track would represent a lot of mechanical presence, perhaps even wrecks etc, but, that's my opinion of musical feelings.

Kappa wouldn't sound right with either of these, music can represent a lot, the song with Delta relates with open-ness and wilderness, which suits its open space geography, while kappa does not.

Kappa feels like an enclosed tunnel, with all these asteroids.
music_anticipation_light might work but has too much of a 'heavenly' sound
AUDIO\SOUNDS\AMBIENCES\zone_field_mine.wav is a heavy mechanical spooky noise - which suits very well

RE: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-28-2015

Hell yea! Actually a nice idea, listen to zone_field_ice or zone_field_asteroid_ice has this tunnel like effect and this ice of Gammu feeling, but you're right that zone_field_mine indeed has this mechanical sound!

Or the zone_field_debris has this "Lost" effect like an endless tunnel of "Lost"...

Check out also zone_nebula_dmatter.

But actually those ice soundfiles realy give the hit, I flew around with that sound in Kappa and it realy gives you that feeling beeing inside an endless tunnel!

Maybe if we could remove teh "Yellow Dwarf" sun from there, the system would look more icier (sun)

RE: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - Sciamach - 01-28-2015

My god the purple

--anyway, the music in Delta (forgive me, i'm retarded when it comes to technical jargon so I haven't the name nor the file location for this) is actually rather fitting.

RE: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 09:32 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: My god the purple

--anyway, the music in Delta (forgive me, i'm retarded when it comes to technical jargon so I haven't the name nor the file location for this) is actually rather fitting.

Right? I thought so too! Hmm... But I think that zone_field_mine could be implemented on Planets, you know when you dock and that scene could have that, excellent!

So yeah no_space_music (the Omicron Delta one) for Kappa and the zone_field_mine for docking on Gammu.

However... An endless tunnel inside weird AI's.. Would kinda fit into a "Silent Winter" music, or just something mechanic silent. The Delta one is probably the only one that would fit in as a "music" but if we just want "sound" like those zone_field_mine we kinda have to choose.

If the Devs would like to keep music in that system then we would like to go for Delta, but if they say it's ok to use just Sound, then we could check it out further, however. The Yellow Dwarf let's the tunnel look a lil weird, it's kinda out of place Tongue can we request the sun to be removed? The Yellow Dwarf? There is already a sun in the system, the Green Giant, that's actually enough Big Grin

RE: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - nOmnomnOm - 01-28-2015

LEAVE BIRTTA--.....

LEAVE KAPPA ALONE!

RE: Music Replacement in Omicron Kappa - Kauket - 01-28-2015

I was gonna suggest darkmatter storm song + or the ice, but, the ice one is already used in nomad cases and it feels too chilly.

zone_field_mine_asteroid or zone_field_asteroid_mine, or even zone_badlands could do aswell, but, eh. what am I to say. I still think the field_mine works best