Discovery Gaming Community
Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? (/showthread.php?tid=125338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Giggle Snort - 01-30-2015

I pledged before I even had a rig that could handle it. Thankfully I got a rig recently that can run the game on medium without probs. Considering this is sort of pre-alpha, the game has a lot of optimization to go through. I got meself an Aurora LTI at the time, upgraded it to Aurora LX, then upgraded that to 325R.
The current multiplayer is a bit tacky ... but the flight model was vastly improved after the initial release of Vanduul swarm and I've been doing CooP with some of my outfit members (I'm in BWC - Black Widow Company).
I think it has a lot of potential. They're taking it slow, not rushing through to get the game out as fast as possible to make faster money and I appreciate that .. even if I have to wait an extra year.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Tenacity - 01-30-2015

Despite how much I want this game and want it to be awesome, I wont pledge or put money towards it until there is a definitive release date and legit preorder. Star citizen appears to be doing good, but I know the moment I put in my credit card # there's going to be some disaster and the game will never launch.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Narcotic - 01-30-2015

What they plan to do in 2015:
[Image: star-citizen-schedule.jpg]

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Scotia - 01-30-2015

Delete

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - WesternPeregrine - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 09:25 PM)Narcotic Wrote: What they plan to do in 2015:
[Image: star-citizen-schedule.jpg]

Seems I need to make a new rig this year too.

I have bought a Commander package I think, the ones that gave a Hornet, in addition to both game versions.

I thought it was a ambitious and interesting project when I pledged, but since it would still take a long while before I can play it, I just let my interest simmer while focusing on other stuff.

Ironically, it was the RSI forums that brought me to Discovery, although I had played Freelancer years ago.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Zen_Mechanics - 01-31-2015

I'm 24 years old I'm not even going to bother playing new games, those days are over - communities move too quickly for anyone to settle on one game. Look at Call of Duty, they have a new series every year. The old days of clanbase.org and cm/fcm .. I miss that.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Narcotic - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 11:35 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Look at Call of Duty, they have a new series every year.

I doubt they'll release a Star Citizen every year...

I mean, look at Discovery, it's now being played for almost 10 years. I can imagine the same with SC.
Also, until today, game graphics have been improving exponentially, however, I think the growth will be limited, just like it's limited with hardware.
We're not that far yet, but in 10 years, game graphics won't change that much anymore I bet. And hopefully, the gaming industry will stick to making games quality better, instead of overwhelming us with quantity. But who knows.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Jack_Henderson - 01-31-2015

After the DayZ stunt, and seeing how slow development can be, I will never ever spend money on anything but a finished, well-rated product. All that Alpha/Beta marketing is [insert words that we do not use here].

Jack

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - tothebonezone - 01-31-2015

I'll get a job before Star Citizen is released.

Then I might be able to pay 100$ and not be behind everyone from the very start : DDD

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Mexica - 02-01-2015

Is it gonna be play4free?