Discovery Gaming Community
Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? (/showthread.php?tid=125338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Charo - 04-04-2015

(03-12-2015, 06:41 PM)Narcotic Wrote: The 100GB mean that it'll have amazing textures, graphics in general. Lots of content, large 'world maps', resulting in a high playtime. Those who're complaining about the download speed are just being stupid and envy CIG.

It also means that A LOT of people are going to get locked out of actually playing the game. I would have to install the game for 5 months straight without using any other internet just to get it without patches. Though I understand that a game of this scale is going to take up a large portion of one's hard drive, a lot of their backers wont be able to even play the game

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Croft - 04-04-2015

100 gb is a pretty sizable chunk of space no matter how you look at it but with the prices of terabyte HD's it's not a major issue when compared to the technical demands of the game. To be fair, putting money into something like SC with all it's goals of being a high end game with a stoneage PC is the backers own fault, you'd only need to look at a single screenshot or video to see it'll need a decent machine and by extention, a lot of HD space.

I honestly think that SC is looking to become the Warcraft of space sims, perhaps not by admission but most certainly in scope and that means either grabbing everyone they can with mid to low end spec requirements or pushing to the cap and waiting for everyone to eventually catch up.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Mitko - 04-05-2015

Can someone more experienced help with a few things regarding SC. I am intending to buy a package soon and hopefully I can run it. However the game is in alpha right now. Every package award you with beta access. The beta is supposed to be released by the end of 2015. Does that mean that if I purchase a package now I will not be able to play it for the next 5 months. Is this essentially something like a pre-order? Any comments would be appreciated.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - AndyH - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 05:49 PM)Mitko Wrote: Does that mean that if I purchase a package now I will not be able to play it for the next 5 months. Is this essentially something like a pre-order? Any comments would be appreciated.

Most of the packages used to come with both full Alpha and Beta access, but this was only for a set number of expected alpha players. This was rather underestimated, so the Alpha access is now separate for the most part. The Arena Commander Pass is about 5 US dollars to cover the expense of adding more server infrastructure so no one is left out. This pass will grant access to the playable Arena Commander (alpha dogfight module), but you will still need a game package so you have a ship to fly. However, I do not know if this will make only the dogfight module accessible, or includes all future Alpha Modules such as First-Person-Shooter, Social/Planet-side, and Persistent Universe Alpha modules. Be prepared for either case.

There are two packages that come with an Arena Commander Access Pass. Aurora MR AC Starter & Mustang Alpha AC Starter. All others will require adding the Arena Commander Pass to your cart (found under Extras in the store). Not to mention that you only need one package to serve as your character slot. Any other ships you may want to add at later dates may be found under Extras -> Stand-alone ships. But all ships and gear can be earned in-game for in-game credits once SC is publicly released.

Also BEFORE you spend any actual money, make sure that your system meets the game's requirements. These are the latest minimums listed, but be prepared for the RAM and Graphics demands to increase as more features are released over the next year:

Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit) – Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64 bit)
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
Quad core CPU
8GB Memory

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Mitko - 04-06-2015

Thanks a lot for the answer! That really clarifies things up. Everything I have as specs is above the bare minimum except my RAM out of which I have 4GB. It is known that right now SC can be started up with 4GB RAM, but if that changes then my life is over forever Sad Also I like the idea of creating a disco group. We would own everybody with RP!

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Swifty - 04-06-2015

Star Citizen means only one thing to me - RIP Disco.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - pillow - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 10:01 AM)Carter Wrote: Star Citizen means only one thing to me - RIP Disco.

yes because fl and star citizen have the same specs
and ofc everyone has a N.A.S.A. pc wtf are you on about!!!!!!!!

GG.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-06-2015

Oh yeah also, a very good reminder for people that don't have a good PC.

Go to Nvidia Settings, put EVERYTHING INTO HIGH PERFORMANCE!!!! Not Quality or High Quality, I talk about High Performance. After that, you don't have to worry, your PC will do fine in running it Smile but ofc graphics might suck a lil, but not too much that it would disturb you.

Also of course, in game you have to set everything on low.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Aphil - 04-20-2015

I have a Star Citizen package, the LTI Digital Pirate and I upgraded it to have the Cutlass Blue.

It's a really good game, and you can see the potential for sure. I have my organization on there, Black Echelon which I'm focusing towards illegal activities. It'll be great, there's so much more potential and instead of just RPing that we're boarding a ship, station or whatever we can actually do it in-game.

The Arena Commander Module has its flaws in terms of balancing and bugs but if it's any indication then I'm certain that the rest of the game will be amazing. Big Grin

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Neonzumi - 04-20-2015

I would play it.But,TOASTER!
Also i even if most people here move to Star Citizen,i'l keep playing until i'm the last player standing!