Discovery Gaming Community
Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? (/showthread.php?tid=125338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Mort - 04-20-2015

Won't play that, coz Star Citizen requires Nasa PC for 2 millions price. Otherwise it will lag as hell.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Aphil - 04-20-2015

You need a good computer for sure, I spent 3 Grand on my rig to be able to play it on the highest setting, but you can get away with a computer for less. I mean, it already has almost a million players, so it won't be lacking for players whether you guys join us or not. Tongue

As I like to say, it'd be your loss.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Crackling - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 08:32 PM)Aphil Wrote: You need a good computer for sure, I spent 3 Grand on my rig to be able to play it on the highest setting, but you can get away with a computer for less. I mean, it already has almost a million players, so it won't be lacking for players whether you guys join us or not. Tongue

How much did they pay you for advertising? And where do I register for that work? I want free money too.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Roman.Scott - 04-21-2015

Would love to play it but don't think it will justify purchasing a new desktop. I mean my desktop can do everything I want and I just don't see the need to get a second one just to play one game.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - t0l - 04-21-2015

(04-20-2015, 08:32 PM)Aphil Wrote: You need a good computer for sure, I spent 3 Grand on my rig to be able to play it on the highest setting, but you can get away with a computer for less. I mean, it already has almost a million players, so it won't be lacking for players whether you guys join us or not. Tongue

I'm going to laugh when the SC hype train backfires and you're left with nothing but severe buyers remorse and a bunch of pixel ships.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - AeternusDoleo - 04-21-2015

It is a game that is made by a passionate game developer, not a bunch of managers who set objectives for the codemonkeys to churn out. People involved in the development of this game are motivated to get it done. I'm kinda sad I missed the boat on getting into the devteam early there. I may not be the best skilled dev but I can move a lot of scudwork...
I have no doubt that Star Citizen will be in terms of gameplay an interesting game and will definately get it - heck, the current game I'm heavily in to (PWI) is slowly decaying, so why not.

Will it leech players from Freelancer mods? Yes, to an extent - the system requirements may be prohibitive for some people.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Leo - 05-11-2015

I, myself, have spent far too much money on Star Citizen (on ships and then on my HOTAS setup, and then on buying the guns for my ship off their market, AND THEN ON THE SUBSCRIPTION FOR A YEAR). Although, I'd have to say spending all that money is worth it because Freelancer was really the last true Space Sim for a long time. After FL came out (2001 if I remember correctly?) there weren't really any after it besides the X series and EvE Online--even though EvE Online isn't ACTUALLY a Space Sim.

I've got a lot of ships, and even an Organization that I started up as a group wanting to destroy the UEE through terrorist plots and sabotage after putting together a 100 post story about the character I plan on playing in Roleplay.

Moving on, the Freelancer community will shrink even further than what it already has. I've been around since the beginning and I can tell you that it's significantly shrunk already (I blame that on the graphics starting to become more and more archaic compared to newer games). Sadly, it's the truth about any game that is a predecessor to a newer more graphically beautiful game--and Star Citizen is friggin' gorgeous. I don't believe that people will up and leave FL completely because people who love the story, me included, will continue to play it, if not just for the single player story.

It will be a LONG time until mods like Discovery come out for Star Citizen. Freelancer has become incredibly easy to modify because of how long it's been out. Long time modders, like myself and others, have become so familiar with Freelancer that we know how to control just about anything in the ini's and other files. Star Citizen, however, is a mammoth of a game (some people are saying the completed game will be well in excess of 100 GB) and there is Planetside, FPS, Racing, ship interiors, amongst other things in Star Citizen that Freelancer doesn't have that modders will have to contend with as well. That translates to more time required to mod and craft everything.

I'm looking forward to seeing the mods that Star Citizen spawns though. I'm certain that Freelancer mods for Star Citizen will exist in some form and I hope that they're everything that we've dreamed of for so many years as a Freelancer 2.

~Leo

P.S. There is actually a modding guide for Star Citizen in their store (digital version) that you can preorder for $10. It won't be released until the game is, but I'm guessing it will have all the information that you need to know to modify the game files to create your own mods.

P.P.S. Sorry for the small grave dig.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Fluffyball - 05-11-2015

The funniest thing about Freelancer is I found it charming recently. After playing the Disco few days ago and waiting for someone in California, I have realized how detailed the models are (for a 2003). I didn't know that Liberty Battleship's engine core is visible and even escape pods are visible on the model.

I haven't found these for 8 years until recently.

As for Star Citizen, I bet I will be able to play it in 2-3 years from now, when I'll be able to work (already). But until then, let's stick with an old, 8 years old, PC.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-11-2015

Tried out the Tutorial yesterday, awesome so far but still buggy as it seems. I realy hope they will soon fix the bugs, allthough its still Pre-Alpha so I cant realy judge it.

As for Graphics, you guys realy dont have to overdo it, realy. There were games in the past which even the best PC couldnt run because the Programming and Graphical Systems were buggy and needed a fix. I m sure it s the same for Star Citizen currently.

(05-11-2015, 08:54 AM)Toris Gray Wrote: The funniest thing about Freelancer is I found it charming recently. After playing the Disco few days ago and waiting for someone in California, I have realized how detailed the models are (for a 2003). I didn't know that Liberty Battleship's engine core is visible and even escape pods are visible on the model.

I haven't found these for 8 years until recently.

As for Star Citizen, I bet I will be able to play it in 2-3 years from now, when I'll be able to work (already). But until then, let's stick with an old, 8 years old, PC.

Nah, I m sure your family could buy you a collective present, like all pay together for one big Present and that d be a gud PC or a Laptop, yes Laptops run this game, my Lap is living proof 8| even though it s not the best Laptop but still.

Speaking of FL Discovery mod for SC, I realy would like to see the continuum of peoples effort and work/RP in here, realy. Would be a waste and with Star Citizen all this could actually become a whole new level of experience. Let alone all the on-foot-RPs, which you now can RP in game instead of countless forum RP, some stuff can be even converted into the Game. Like, when I see all those "EJECT, ESCAPE PODS!" RPs, it s just on text, but nothing realy is visible.

I m sure we still gonna do alot of Forum Roleplay but with a whole new galaxy and decent game mechanic. I tried out the decouple mode yesterday on Flight Tutorial, hah engine kill still alive! It just needs time before you get used to it.

By then, I realy hope that Discovery Devs do intend to make a mod for Star Citizen, as there already are some people trying to do Freelancer Mod (Freelancer Unity).

Realy people, youu dont need an uber PC for this, dont let yourselfs down so quick. Look at system requirements, the minimal ones and soon you ll figure you dont need that much, EVEN if it would still freeze and bugger around be aware the game engine itself still is in pre-alpha and alot needs to be fixed. This means, trust me, the game will run alot smoother once it s fully finished, thats the time where you will realise you dont need an uberPC for this game, but the minimal requirements.

RE: Star Citizen - Did you pledge & what do you expect? - Fluffyball - 05-11-2015

Well Snake, problem is I do not work and they do not see reason to buy new PC as everything (except for gaming) can be done on current PC. Smile Add up rising prices of basic commodities and unchanging wages.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to work, but I got no time for that at the moment and I don't want impact family budget (once you work, tax return for student at household is not refunded anymore, even if you are jobless.)