Discovery Gaming Community
Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? (/showthread.php?tid=125369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - AceofSpades - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 01:42 AM)The Kingdom of Gallia Wrote: Please forward a processing fee of 500,000,000 francs to GRN|Banque to receive official addition to the list of registered parties.

This is registration not for a POB, but an NPC station simply because it has a high-value sell point.
Is it seriously acceptable that official factions will be allowed to charge all other Pilots, at their choosing, for the docking rights to land at NPC stations?
To limit docking is one thing, we've done that within RP and it make sense. Players however have no role or do any work to create or maintain NPC stations or sell points.
Excessively charging players half a billion credit fees, that go into lining 'official players' (veterans) pockets, is not blessed Roleplay but rather blatant Robbery; designed and interpreted by experienced players and benefiting only those players.

This is even more ludicrous than the idea of Official Factions controlling capships, and not just their use -- imagine if we proposed to charge indies to fly a factions capship.. the criticism would be utterly insane, it was even for free registration, so we did away with long ago.
On another point, it's one thing to charge fees for a player-built station, but charging all other players half a billion credits in order to dock on a non-restricted in-game base is basically word-for-concept the current explanation of Powergaming.

If not, i guess itll be enjoyable to start watching -all- official factions charge docking fees to players and factions at their choosing, seeing as this is precisely what it implies as OK. That'll be great for gameplay.
The concept of Navy charging Freelancers to visit Manhattan, or Junkers charging smugglers to dock on said bases, seemed like a really funny and laughable idea until it just suddenly became reality.
Enjoy Disco, as long as you pay the vets dues on your docking rights, lmao.

Please fix this by ending it, as it is far outside the bounds of gameplay. That, or start charging for capships too and actually do something positive for the server, besides just locking people out of stations in order to feed the greedy who wouldnt rather work for themselves. I for one wont be visiting said station, but the effects of this will doubtlessly grow to affect many stations or Planets, and thusly needs to be halted immediately.
-Aces

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - Alley - 01-29-2015

I see 100,000,000 not 500,000,000.

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - Kirill - 01-29-2015

I don't see 500 million fee in the thread that was quoted.

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - Jayce - 01-29-2015

We already do it with the Criminal Registry in Liberty. If you don't pay the fine, you can't just dock at one base, you can't dock at any of them. Smile

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - ProwlerPC - 01-29-2015

If Royal decisions lead to Gallia's economic collapse and descent into barbarism and illiteracy, I'm ok with it. We can seal the gate back up but on our end this time.

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - bloogaL - 01-29-2015

[Image: D6IfU7U.jpg]

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - Alley - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 02:12 AM)bloogaL Wrote:

[Image: dc59f2bf4d5da829a3c8d9b8990c7304-loopgif14.gif]

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - FynnMcScrap - 01-29-2015

Actually it´s the same thing as for excemple Bretonnia having a registered commodities list,
or Liberty and other houses charging one time or monthly fees for PoB registration.
But I agree that charging large amounts for acces at one station is ... harsh.
The principle is old, only the scale is different.

I get your point , Aces, and I cannot say that I disagree.

But I see this thread going into the furnace soon.

Quote:If not, i guess itll be enjoyable to start watching -all- official factions charge docking fees to players and factions at their choosing, seeing as this is precisely what it implies as OK. That'll be great for gameplay.
The concept of Navy charging Freelancers to visit Manhattan, or Junkers charging smugglers to dock on said bases, seemed like a really funny and laughable idea until it just suddenly became reality. Enjoy Disco, as long as you pay the vets dues on your docking rights, lmao.

Again : I can not say that I disagree. The problem is balance. And everybody has different oppinions on what is "just" and "ok" ... expecially if they profit from it.

Lets wait and see ... "fetches popcorn"

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - Veygaar - 01-29-2015

So long as they can't FR5 you for not. I don't see why not. Just go when they're not looking.

The concept of FR5ing smugglers is silly to me. Do your job and stop them before they get to the base lads.

RE: Forcing Pilots to pay to dock on NPC bases? - t0l - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 02:12 AM)bloogaL Wrote:
[Image: bf9.gif]