Discovery Gaming Community
no cruising without energy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: no cruising without energy (/showthread.php?tid=125709)

no cruising without energy - Jsu Chrstu - 02-04-2015

I was flying around with my GMG Kujira. Then in Shikoku, Planet Junyo shot my shield down and hit my hull with a few emps so that I had no energy anymore. I tried to cruise away as fast as I can, but after the engines loaded, my speed went to 0. When the shield was fully regenerated, energy started loading again and I could cruise.

Power output is 3000/25000, that might be the problem because I have a heavy shield with 3000 power drain, but I never had that problem before so I thought it is possibly a bug.

RE: no cruising without energy - S A D B O Y - 02-04-2015

Heavy shield drains tons of energy on smaller transports. Use a light one instead, they regen faster and with less energy consumption.

RE: no cruising without energy - Jsu Chrstu - 02-04-2015

yea already installed a medium one already, but as far as I know you didn't need energy to cruise before

RE: no cruising without energy - evanz - 02-04-2015

Trying to enter cruise shouldnt matter what energy level he has, on any ship

RE: no cruising without energy - Kirill - 02-04-2015

Cruise consumes energy - that's freelancer mechanic. Around 10-20 energy per second. Try to cruise on camera ship with 10% nerf - you won't be able to reach even 250 speed as soon as energy goes to zero.
(02-04-2015, 07:21 PM)evanz Wrote: Trying to enter cruise shouldnt matter what energy level he has, on any ship
Cruise is basically forwarding all energy to engines. How can you cruise without energy?

RE: no cruising without energy - Karst - 02-05-2015

As a side note, never ever use the heavy transport shield. It is the worst in every situation, no exceptions.
Aside from the massive energy drain, it also has the slowest regeneration and the longest restore delay.

Really, I don't know why it's even in game except to confuse people who think it's good because it's "heavy".

RE: no cruising without energy - evanz - 02-05-2015

sorry i thought you meant "not" thrusting, that uses energy, but going into cruise (you know 349 etc speed) you can go into at any level of energy

RE: no cruising without energy - Kirill - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 05:39 PM)evanz Wrote: sorry i thought you meant "not" thrusting, that uses energy, but going into cruise (you know 349 etc speed) you can go into at any level of energy

You can't cruise without energy. Thrusting doesn't consume energy, but cruising does.

RE: no cruising without energy - Kosa - 02-09-2015

If you drop to 0 energy due to your systems consuming more than the ship could provide OR being pounded to 0 energy by EMPs will result in losing the ability to cruise for the moment and stopping right where you are.

Happened to me when I had too large shield on a Kujira in 4.86 and it slowly drained the energy. Upon reaching 0 i stopped to speed 0 from cruise.