Discovery Gaming Community
POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space (/showthread.php?tid=125923)

Pages: 1 2

POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Arioch - 02-09-2015

Hey Disco - Uncle Finn here with exciting news!

The admins have been watching some things of late, and we've noticed a trend that we're not exactly fond of. Specifically, we don't feel that players should be charged a fee for building a POB in non-House space.

Effective immediately, POB's built in systems not listed in the House systems list in the rules section are not allowed to be charged fees. House governments can charge POB fees as well as deal with them if they don't pay within their respective House systems only moving forward. POB's that border House system that are not named in the rules section are not subject to attack for refusal to pay a fee.

A section in the rules section under the POB post has been added as well.

Happy flying!

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Jayce - 02-09-2015

Sure. Rather than applying a fee, they'll just explode if they're hostile. Simple. There's no reason for a house to apply a tax to a base not in the house.

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Lythrilux - 02-09-2015

This doesn't make sense. I can't help this has also been shoe-horned in due to a recent event as well.

Does this apply to just governments, or all factions? E.g, can pirate factions not tax bases outside their house? To put forward a specific example, does this mean Core can't tax bases in the Omicrons, because they're not in 'house space' per se?

I feel like a move such as this is detrimental to RP if anything and needlessly curbs RP.

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Omi - 02-09-2015

What about the case of Gallic Royal Navy? Quite a lot of territory outside our 'de jure' House space is more or less 'de facto' House space. Are we no longer allowed to regulate POBs in the Taus/other occupied areas of Sirius?

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Teerin - 02-09-2015

Does this apply to the house space systems listed in bold, or the italics system for quasi-lawful piracy as well?

If not, this will be quite ... messy.

Governments won't be able to properly govern their own (former) guard systems and borderworlds, such as Languedoc, Cortez, and Virginia.

Something tells me that this was not well thought through at all, and perhaps reactionary. And I'm not normally one to go out on a limb to yell conspiracy, either. Y'all know that.

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Zayne Carrick - 02-09-2015

Bumping Lyth's question.
What about unlawful taxation of bases?

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Sarawr!? - 02-09-2015

I have to agree with Teerin and Omi here, this seems like a quite hasty change to a longstanding norm, and I believe in this case that such a change implemented like this will have pretty grave effects on the RP of a lot of different groups.

This serves no purpose that I can see, and I can also tell you that this will increase the amount of drama on the server, as factions will no longer be able to tax bases within their ZOI, they'll instead go and destroy them, so unless you're going to change ZOI rules and the very inRP nature of some existing factions...this is going to be extremely messy.

I'm left looking at this and wondering 'Why'.

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Arioch - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 10:59 PM)Teerin Wrote: Does this apply to the house space systems listed in bold, or the italics system for quasi-lawful piracy as well?

If not, this will be quite ... messy.

Governments won't be able to properly govern their own (former) guard systems and borderworlds, such as Languedoc, Cortez, and Virginia.

Something tells me that this was not well thought through at all, and perhaps reactionary. And I'm not normally one to go out on a limb to yell conspiracy, either. Y'all know that.

Any system that is NOT named in the rules sections concerning Houses can't be taxed. For instance, if a base is built in Kepler or Cortez, would not be considered House space per the server rules, so wouldn't be allowed to be attacked if they refuse to pay a fee. While House military/Police ID's state they can patrol one system beyond their House systems, demanding a fee in an "Independant" system is no longer allowed.

tl;dr - If the system that the POB is in is NOT listed in the House system list in the rules section, they cannot be attacked for refusal of payment.

EDIT: Should you find a base in your ZOI, but isn't a technical House system, and it's an enemy base or holds contraband, well... happy hunting!

Regarding unlawfuls... you're unlawful, aren't you? As long as it is within your ZOI.

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Connor - 02-09-2015

Bit of a strange rule. So what happens to bases that are out side of house systems then? Can people not demand credits for their existence anymore? For example, the Hessians can not say to PoBs outside of house system (But still within their ZoI!) give me 500 mill and we won't destroy your base because the base owners can say no and nothing will happen. Change the "house" to "ZoI"

Kinda got the answer there. But it still seems like a stupid rule because systems like Cortez and Magellen are within Libertys ZoI and there for they should have to pay the fines. People have raised pretty good points that I think the admins have overseen.

RE: POB rules change - Fees in House space versus non-House space - Omi - 02-09-2015

I'm going to ask that you look at my first post again and give me an answer.

If Gallic Royal Navy/Gallic Government isn't going to be permitted to set up some kind of in-roleplay licensure for bases in our occupied territories that don't fall within some arbitrary ooRP definition of House space, then I may as well get to writing up a comms channel post notifying everyone that all bases in the Gallic Occupied Territories are now illegal.