Discovery Gaming Community
Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement (/showthread.php?tid=126085)

Pages: 1 2

Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Black Widow - 02-13-2015

Seems being a heavy battleship it can only fire 3 Primary Turrets forward whereas other heavy bs can fire all 4. Is there a reason for this? Will it be fixed?

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Flash™ - 02-13-2015

Well...if you didn't notice, it can fire 3 Heavies backwards, which most Heavies can't fire. Does that solve your problem? : )

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Black Widow - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 03:27 AM)Flash™ Wrote: Well...if you didn't notice, it can fire 3 Heavies backwards, which most Heavies can't fire. Does that solve your problem? : )

Not really no I dont TS or shoot backwards, I charge and as such 4 primarys fwd are key to my killing strategy, The valor has 4 FWD PrImarys 4 FWD Heavies and a FWD Gun.

The Ku Bs should at least have all its primaries firing fwds

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Flash™ - 02-13-2015

Well, I don't think it will be changed because one person can't use it due to his strategy : )

Also, KuBS owns a Valor.

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Black Widow - 02-13-2015

I would like a dev to answer why 3 primaries fire fwd?

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Jayce - 02-13-2015

Because it's fine with 3 forward. Sincerely, your cap balance dev.

Seriously, ask Haste.

The KuBS is one of the best in the mod, you don't even need prims.

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Vulkhard Muller - 02-14-2015

Id also like to question why the Jorm having a forward gun has more heavies fireing backwards then forward also why its best heavy angle is broadside

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Fluffyball - 02-14-2015

I have a yet funnier problem (tested SP), Council/Gallic Cruiser can mount up 4 Light Mortars - yet powercore barely allows to fire only one...

Also, the very similiar problem is also with Heavy Guns on Komainu = only one of two can be fired, and not anywhere on the "down" arc.

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - Corile - 02-14-2015

Quote:Council/Gallic Cruiser can mount up 4 Light Mortars - yet powercore barely allows to fire only one...
A bomber can mount 3 snacs, go figure.

RE: Kusari Battleship: ODD Primary Turret Placement - FallenKnight - 02-15-2015

(02-13-2015, 03:15 AM)Black Widow Wrote: Seems being a heavy battleship it can only fire 3 Primary Turrets forward whereas other heavy bs can fire all 4. Is there a reason for this? Will it be fixed?

All caps in disco are balanced considering the ship shape, size and then hull points. Weapons are being distributed depending on these important first stats.
Like you can see from this small preview - the 5 House battleships size is quite different, leading to survivability issues, hull difference and in order to balance them the weapon positions on some are not active at a specific angle - to make it up for lets say their tons of hull or their huge shape (which makes them easy targets).

Specifically - the kusari battleship is one of the best in the game simply because it have an excellent mixture and balance between its stats: very deadly frontal shape, (very hard to hit from front/rear), still it have 5M hull points. Its only weakness are the left/right facings which are huge and making it an easy target. In order this monster to be balanced to fight fairly the small capital ships I am definitely sure the devs had to diminish its arcs and yet leave a hole where all of its potential could be unleashed.

Since 2010 I haven't heard anyone to complain about the kusari battleship especially when it was quite famous during the Kusari - Bretonian War.