Discovery Gaming Community
Requesting thread unlock - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Requesting thread unlock (/showthread.php?tid=126119)

Requesting thread unlock - Gytrash - 02-13-2015

I'm uncertain of where exactly I should post this so may as well post it here.

Regarding
Quote:2.4 Ponies off the reservation will be removed without warning

The recent locking of the thread mentioned in the rule HERE seems to deliberately misquote rule 2.4 and on further communication seems to have been more out of a personal dislike of the contents under discussion in a clearly marked thread rather than any actual violation of Server rules.

The thread has existed in it's current form since 2011 and there have been numerous moderations inside the thread, both at my request and self motivated, to clear up trolling. However no locking of the thread has occurred until today, at least to the best of my knowledge, and the thread was widely regarded as the reservation mentioned in 2.4.

I would like to request that the thread in question be unlocked or another thread authorised to comply with 2.4.

(Preferably the thread unlocked, I've grown fond of it.)

RE: Requesting thread unlock - Hidamari - 02-13-2015

Trade yours and all other peoples avatars and signatures containing the subject matter in question, for your thread.

RE: Requesting thread unlock - Gytrash - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 08:27 PM)Hidamari Wrote: Trade yours and all other peoples avatars and signatures containing the subject matter in question, for your thread.

The signatures and avatars do not violate forum rules and as such are not relevant to the discussion in question.

However, I'll share my personal top tip for avatars and signatures that do not violate forum rules and annoy/upset you, it's something I've used for years

[Image: solution.jpg]

It's just that easy, I've not changed my signature or avatar in YEARS, literally two clicks.

RE: Requesting thread unlock - Omi - 02-13-2015

touhou is better anyway lol
edit: oops this isn't flood so i have to be serious
If I'm objective about it - the thread shouldn't have been locked, and Conrad's attitude towards the whole thing last night was pretty disillusioning. The staff are supposed to, you know, not be assholes.
If I'm real about it - I don't really care.

p.s. Touhou really is better

RE: Requesting thread unlock - Karst - 02-13-2015

Yeah, that showed a pretty disappointing attitude from certain people.
What seemed to have happened was essentially "lol ponies are suxors lets close thread XD"
I actually thought it was a le funny joke XDDD at first, apparently this wasn't the case.

It's trollish and not the sort of behavior I would expect from the staff.

RE: Requesting thread unlock - Narcotic - 02-13-2015

Granted. I'll lock this one, as we don't need any reaction to it.