Discovery Gaming Community
DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available (/showthread.php?tid=126561)

DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available - Caelann - 02-22-2015

So I've written about my issue in other existing threads, namely here and here, but it was only after reading this thread that I've begun to make something of the problem that I'm having.

As I've written in those threads, widescreen support has never worked for me (it does nothing, it just defaults to whatever I select in the in-game options), special features such as HUD colour also don't work (hotkey does nothing), HUDShift also doesn't work (menus get shoved to the side), and lastly, attempting to load a character on any server (including a localhost one) once Discovery is installed results in a crash.

Also, as of late, the Disco Launcher has decided to delete all my SP saves upon launch. The only way to avoid that seems to be by launching Freelancer.exe directly. Not that it makes any difference, since I don't have access to any DSAce features otherwise anyway.

So apparently DSAce.log is supposed to have all sorts of entries on it, but mine only has one:
[22.02.2015 18:17:43] Shutdown

Whenever I start the game via the Disco Launcher, the only change is the timestamp: it gets updated. Therefore I'm assuming DSAce is shutting down upon start, since everything seems to point to that.

For the record, yes I have read the stickied thread, no it probably doesn't apply, because I have no anti-virus running, so DSAce.dll is perfectly present. The restore option in the launcher seems to agree. Additionally, I've always had this problem, even before the implementation of the Discovery Launcher. The only difference is that when I first started playing Discovery, I made a localhost server to playtest multiplayer, and it worked fine, unlike now.

I hope anyone has any clue why this is happening, because no amount of reinstalls (read: uninstall everything and install again) has been able to fix it. Thanks in advance! : )

RE: DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available - Tunicle - 02-22-2015

" the Disco Launcher has decided to delete all my SP saves upon launch."

Best to delete the save game folder when reinstalling.

RE: DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available - Caelann - 02-22-2015

I have, each and every time I installed everything again. These are Discovery SP saves, not vanilla ones. Those should be fine, right?

EDIT: I've even tried deleting the entire Freelancer (My Documents) folder when reinstalling everything. Still doesn't fix the issue. :/ Also, is it normal that, after Discovery is installed, and I make a SP save, if I exit the game and restart it, the launcher still deletes that newly-made save? Is this intended behaviour?

RE: DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available - Wulfstan - 02-23-2015

: I've even tried deleting the entire Freelancer (My Documents) folder when reinstalling everything.

my question is did you deleet the files in C:\Users\YOUR_MACHINE\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.0\

that is the location where information is kept from prying hands most probably where your issue lies

Regards Wulfstan

RE: DSAce seemingly immediately shuts down, features not available - Caelann - 02-23-2015

I'm using Windows XP so my local settings folder is under a different location, but if you mean the default Discovery install path, that actually doesn't apply because I always install onto Microsoft Games instead, to keep Freelancer and Discovery in the same root folder.

I've checked both the local settings and the application data folders and I can't seem to find any Discovery folders - just the Freelancer one with FLSpew.txt - so this doesn't appear to be the issue.

(when 4.88.1 comes out, I'll try installing into AppData instead, but I have a feeling that's not the problem either)