Discovery Gaming Community
Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game (/showthread.php?tid=126670)

Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Wulfstan - 02-25-2015

Recently i found the core blueprints have been removed from the game any one have any idea why ?

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Shizune - 02-25-2015

They were never in game to begin with, only admins hand them out to players upon their request

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - nOmnomnOm - 02-25-2015

it would only be not in game anymore if the core upgrade list did not require the thing to upgrade

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Wulfstan - 02-25-2015

Thanks but i guess i did not express my self clearly.
im an admin on a server so i had access to core blueprints and with an update after going to 4.88.0
there seems to be a change that the commodity core upgrade blueprints shown not in either admin base nor is the item it self reflected within the commodity . the item is listed in the cook list but it is not found with serial number within the commodity list any more. so this is not just a simple newbee not knowing the game but a compleetly different matter

there was a recent update i guess a test for the new system for updating 2 players complained there was a viral update i dont think it was a viral update but an update gone wrong . and i think this may have to do with the misterious issue of a missing file name or number

so what im hoping for is someone who may have noticed the same kind or similar issue. and if they found a way to correct it without downing the server for a total reinstall.

thanks for the info but not the help i need

Wulfstan

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Connor - 02-26-2015

Hey there. So, I spoke to a few admins for you and they've said that there is no problem regarding Blue Prints on this server. I do not have a way to get them back for you, however you can removed Blue Prints from the construction list.

Navigate to:

Code:
..\EXE\flhook_plugins

And look for the file called

Code:
base.cfg

Inside the file will be everything to do with the Player Bases. Open it up and search for

Code:
consumed = commodity_base_prints, 1

You can then remove it from the config file and the bases will not require Blue Prints to upgrade the base. Hope this helped a little with your problem. Of course, you can make new commodities (I have no idea how) That can just replace the "Blue Print" commodity. You can make the "Blue Prints Mk2" and use that instead.

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Wulfstan - 02-27-2015

(02-26-2015, 11:36 PM)Snoopy Wrote: Hey there. So, I spoke to a few admins for you and they've said that there is no problem regarding Blue Prints on this server. I do not have a way to get them back for you, however you can removed Blue Prints from the construction list.

Navigate to:

Code:
..\EXE\flhook_plugins

And look for the file called

Code:
base.cfg

Inside the file will be everything to do with the Player Bases. Open it up and search for

Code:
consumed = commodity_base_prints, 1

You can then remove it from the config file and the bases will not require Blue Prints to upgrade the base. Hope this helped a little with your problem. Of course, you can make new commodities (I have no idea how) That can just replace the "Blue Print" commodity. You can make the "Blue Prints Mk2" and use that instead.

thanks Snoopy

the info is appreciated

we do how ever have a second issue mabey you could help

checksum errors

on every login the clients have the same checksum but the server is seeking another totally different checksum . can anything be done to edit which shecksum the server is looking for ??

Regards

Wulfstan

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Connor - 02-27-2015

No problem.

Quote:hecksum errors

on every login the clients have the same checksum but the server is seeking another totally different checksum . can anything be done to edit which shecksum the server is looking for ??

So, I know nothing about "checksums" or their errors but I spoke to an Admin again and he said that it seems as though there could be a problem with the server install. It might be worth a reinstall of the server to try and fix this. I'll keep asking around to see if anyone says anything different, but it's a start. Also, don't forget:

BACK UP EVERYTHING

Don't forget to back up everything you have on that server so you don't lose the important bits. Things like character accounts or any changed FLhook files. files you have made.

RE: Core Upgrade blueprints removed from game - Wulfstan - 02-27-2015

thanks Snoopy for the help

Wulfstan