Discovery Gaming Community
More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: More profits for long distance trade routes needed (/showthread.php?tid=127047)

Pages: 1 2

More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Deebo11b - 03-06-2015

For instance, if I mine helium near planet Erie, then transport it all the way up to the Okinawa area where they offer 4-5k, I get around 12 mil or so with what my ship can carry. It takes a LONG time to get there, plus the risk of being ran into and killed by npcs in the jump gates. Plus the time it takes when my ships keeps getting stuck on the gate.
I can just stay at erie and run heium back and forth from the helium field right at erie, making a little over 2mil per 3-5 min run and make MORE money that way, in the same amount of time, with no risk. This makes the game get very boring and repetitive really quick. That being said, there should be much more profit for a long trade route to make it worth going that far. Just saying.
Deebo

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Mímir - 03-06-2015

Well, there might just be other commodities in the game than Helium, and long trade routes that turn a much higher profit per minute than Helium...

Smile

Go Discover!

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Deebo11b - 03-06-2015

I also can't seem to mine anything other than helium. I have a miner ID and Heavy mining cannons, but when I go to other mining fields, I get nothing. I tried buying helium 3 while I was way up north, the profits from that were even worse.

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Chuba - 03-06-2015

Oh god,u can mine other things in other system,u can haul other stuff that is not helium,u can do restarts as corps and make 50-60 millions per run |8

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Mímir - 03-06-2015

Alright, someone else than me can help you far, far better.

First off, you can download Freelancer Companion. It gives you buy/sell prices for all commodities, plus sell prices for Ores. It also gives you some estimates regarding profit/minute. The tool does take away a bit of the charm of the game, as there isn't much to discover that isn't already in the Companion.

Mining is an add-on with various bonuses depending on gear and ID and also the location of the mining field. There is a mining guide, but this one might be outdated. Freelancer Companion also shows you useful info regarding the various mining fields.

There are some mining factions on the server (IMG|, .:J:., JM|, GMG|, Kruger|, DHC|), and if you join one of those they can help you get set up with the correct ships, gear and ID and also help you against pesky pirates and help you get used to the light roleplay atmosphere of the game as well as the many, many rules. That's a good way to go if you like to play with others or if you feel like it's an uphill battle mining and hauling on your own. Take a look in the factions section for the available player factions to join.

Have fun!

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - Highland Laddie - 03-06-2015

There are trading factions, too, aside from mining ones.

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - KaiserDietz - 03-06-2015

Mining factions are usually the best bet if you're looking for safe money. Many of the Omega one's have PoBs basically in field which make it almost impossible to be (successfully) pirated. I find the most rewarding way to make money and hone skills is through bounty hunting and piracy.

RE: More profits for long distance trade routes needed - moebus - 03-06-2015

If you mine helium, I think it's more profitable to sell it directly in Pennsylvania (I think there is a junker base where you could go). Fair price, short travel time and less chance to lose your cargo.

(03-06-2015, 04:01 PM)Chuba Wrote: Oh god,u can mine other things in other system,u can haul other stuff that is not helium,u can do restarts as corps and make 50-60 millions per run |8

I have tried mining in other systems and I get nothing. I blow up the floating rocks, nothing ends up in my cargo.

Thanks for the replies guy's