Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer Singleplayer experience - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer Singleplayer experience (/showthread.php?tid=127053)

Pages: 1 2

Freelancer Singleplayer experience - DragonRider - 03-06-2015

I got interested in paying trough Freelancer vanilla singleplayer agan.
But I was thinking, this time I should mix things up a bit.
Why not mods? Be it graphics or gameplay changers. Something to make this playtrough "different".

Last time I played SP, i thought it was too easy. Thinking of playing with no bots/bats. Or maybe only with shield bats.

You guys have any ideas how to enhance the singleplayer?

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - Chuba - 03-06-2015

Make enemy damage higher

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - The.Wizard - 03-06-2015

You can play single player in disco 4.84 mod,it's way harder then vanilla.
I really don't remember do you need freelancer mod manager for that or not.
Also i don't know how will work with current 4.88.1.
New crossfire mod i god,i hear,considered to be freelancer 2 but i haven't played it yet.
I know it has more missions then vanilla added to storyline.
It requires FLMM but i don't know is it compatible with 4.88.1.

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - Alexander - 03-06-2015

Well, I guess you can download the crossfire as Wizard said it has more missions than vanilla one.
I don't know if is compatible with 4.88.1 but I guess you can uninstall disco till you finish the story.

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - DragonRider - 03-06-2015

Looks like I'll try Crossfire.
Quick question before I head over to the Crossfire forums: is there a Crossfire 2 download?
I can't find any link.

And I don't wanna get 1.9 because I tried installing it 2 times and failed.

(03-06-2015, 07:49 PM)DragonRider Wrote: Looks like I'll try Crossfire.
Quick question before I head over to the Crossfire forums: is there a Crossfire 2 download?
I can't find any link.

And I don't wanna get 1.9 because I tried installing it 2 times and failed.
Yes there is and you can find everything on crossfire forums.
4.84 single player is amazing,almost impossible to finish,maybe you can check it out.

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - Alexander - 03-06-2015

Btw 4.84 adds missions or is just harder because npcs are overpowered?

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - Juan_Arquero - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 08:02 PM)mordor Wrote: Btw 4.84 adds missions or is just harder because npcs are overpowered?
Discovery mod has never added missions to SP campaign. The NPCs in 4.84 were almost impossible for me to kill, so I quit Discovery mod until after 4.85 came out.

(03-06-2015, 08:16 PM)Juan_Arquero Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 08:02 PM)mordor Wrote: Btw 4.84 adds missions or is just harder because npcs are overpowered?
Discovery mod has never added missions to SP campaign. The NPCs in 4.84 were almost impossible for me to kill, so I quit Discovery mod until after 4.85 came out.
Not all npc's are overpowered but there is a more of the gb or carrier npc's in missions,you'll need torpedoes and such.
I just checked,Crossfire works with 4.88.1,didn't evan had to reinstall clean FL (they say clean instal in needed).
Installation take times and you need to have like 15 gb free space on hard disc but it works.
So i guess i'll try Crossfire...

RE: Freelancer Singleplayer experience - Juan_Arquero - 03-06-2015

I had problems flying anywhere with a freighter in 4.84 because of attacks by low level and mid-level NPCs which took forever to kill. Below is part of my initial post in a thread explaining why I was planning to quit Discovery back on January 7, 2008:

Quote:A few hours ago I had a really bad experience with 4.84, so I'm thinking of quitting the Discovery mod, at least until 4.85 if the balance issues are fixed then.

First, I'll tell you a little about myself, as it is relevant to why I'm seriously thinking of leaving the mod. I have a very stressful job as a taxi driver. I need an outlet to relieve my stress. Playing Freelancer for a little while gives me that outlet or it did until earlier tonight. As -{BD}-Kirikabu, I flew from Planet New Tokyo to Planet Honshu earlier tonight, but that took me TWO HOURS for the following reasons:

1. Blood Dragon NPCs disrupted the trade lanes three different times;
2. The first two dogfights against 3-5 Blood Dragon NPCs took about 45 minutes each;
3. The third dogfight only lasted 20 minutes, because I retreated after running out of missiles and finishing off one Blood Dragon with my guns.

What I absolutely HATE about 4.84:

1. Killing mid-level (level 5-10) NPCs now takes forever with a well-equipped X-Shuttle;
2. Missiles are useless (I killed one Blood Dragon NPC with my missiles, 90% of my missiles didn't hit their targets even at point blank range);
3. Killing a single mid-level NPC now takes 15-20 minutes with a mid-level ship (X-Shuttle);
4. At least one-third of the NPCs I fought escaped, because I couldn't kill them when they were weak;
5. I don't need this level of frustration (I get enough frustration from my job -- I don't need it from Freelancer).
If you want to fight low level NPC fighters that are nearly impossible to kill, good luck with that. I had to quit 4.84 to maintain what was left of my sanity.