Discovery Gaming Community
Activity in Disco - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Activity in Disco (/showthread.php?tid=127577)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Activity in Disco - Mímir - 03-22-2015

Okay so I am not going to comment on the rules-side of things in this sanction, which I am sure is absolutely correct.

What bothers me is the effect it has on activity. Sure, there's a few players who dislike what looks like chaos but in a larger view, the daily incursions resulted in hours of activity for quite a few players joining in on either side.

There was a degree of sportsmanship, the "baddies" would wait for the other side to form an equal or larger force when possible and it was an on-going event it was easy to join in on - or stay away from!

So obviously HF ID allying with OC ID is a no go (although in the past, weren't they allied?), but we had the same kind of complaints, sanctionlancing and so on, when this group was operating on a Pirate ID - even to the point where administration decided to mess up the Pirate ID itself to "fix" things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is: Is it faux-pas to fly un-tagged or un-official unlawfuls in large groups (be it Outcasts, Rogues or Pirates) in Liberty? And who does staff listen to when they decide stuff?

From fighting often on both sides (as Outcast, HF, BHG and LN) it seemed like a lot of people enjoyed the fights. The kudos thread is full of positive feedback; and I for one think that this kind of activity (unstructured pews with lots of players) is essential for the server. At a quick glance, it would look like the vast majority of players engaged in the fights had a lot of fun (afterall if they didn't, they could always log something else or simply fly away). Is the problem that the pirate gang won a lot of the fights, just like the old RNC story that also went into sanctionlancing when Liberty lawfuls got run over too often?

Tl;dr: Why are we killing activity? And why are we sanctioning rather than helping (for instance, staff could have offered Tuta help with getting a terrorist ID a loooooooong time ago)?

RE: Activity in Disco - SnakeLancerHaven - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 09:15 AM)Mímir Wrote: Tl;dr: Why are we killing activity? And why are we sanctioning rather than helping (for instance, staff could have offered Tuta help with getting a terrorist ID a loooooooong time ago)?

Or fixed the Pirate ID loooooong time ago. But yeah +1 for Mimir's words, I've flown with these guys couple of times and I never felt or seen any sentence that would related to lolwut action. These guys at least try to find connections between ID's so they could use it propperly in game without violating the rules, unlike the Bass Hunters which obviously just used every ID possible in the game.

But yeah, there might've been a misunderstanding, a direct "bastilled!" was harsh. A "FINAL WARNING" would've been more fit, so the guys would've watched their further steps more carefully next time in not violating the rule.

RE: Activity in Disco - sindroms - 03-22-2015

I do not beleive it is really about the activity.
It is more about the attitude the player in question exhibits, along with the people he flies.

RE: Activity in Disco - Mímir - 03-22-2015

What attitude is that exactly?

As I said, I flown both sides - just like Snake above - and I didn't actually experience said attitude or any attitude that differs from other factions and players*, yet people keep telling me how this gang MUST die and the lawful group chats are boiling with anger and aggression. I am genuinely confused.

*Minus the exotic use of ID's - which in large parts is due to the Pirate ID changes, that happened after Tuta & friends used it.

RE: Activity in Disco - SnakThree - 03-22-2015

I don't see the problem. You actively break the rules, you get your activity stomped until you can play without breaking them.

It's really not hard to use LH/LR/OC ID and pirate/terorrise people in Liberty. Maybe he would not be able to get the ship he really wants, but he would not have so many sanctions.

I have been pirating in Liberty for 1.5 years now without much break. I don't remember breaking rules within that field of activity.

In fact, I do not remember being sanctioned for activities related to piracy whatsoever.

RE: Activity in Disco - Tutashkhia - 03-22-2015

I could simply get an Asco and make you cry after all battles "Stop flying that broken ship". While it's not even broken. Instead, I brought the same class Gunboat to not give you a reason to start complaining about unfairness. While my Gunboat had 10% less core than the ones lawful IDs could access.

I've been pirating in Liberty since 2010 and to be honest till 2013-14 I've not broke this kind of rules. While I was doing exactly the same with the same ID.

RE: Activity in Disco - SnakThree - 03-22-2015

You broke the rules.

RE: Activity in Disco - Thunderer - 03-22-2015

Pirate activity is nice, but it would be great if all of them just made Gallic ships instead of making questionable alliances, if they wish to pew Liberty. Even better, the Gallic raiding area includes other factions too, and most of their ships are good and pretty. I don't know why the GRN are not like RM used to be.

RE: Activity in Disco - Mímir - 03-22-2015

Well they weren't breaking rules when they were on the pirate ID, yet that was still perceived a 'problem'

RE: Activity in Disco - Sol - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 09:58 AM)Mímir Wrote: Well they weren't breaking rules when they were on the pirate ID, yet that was still perceived a 'problem'

I do not think that problem is 100% related to Tuta gang. I remember Silver complaining when I was going, "everyone pay 2 mil or die" in my pirate ID, bullying the poor reavers.

It was just done often to pvp abuse. We knew they would not pay. We wanted pvp. Many of us are guilty for it. I was engaged by many 'reputable' players with pirate IDs with the same line.

Now, I do not claim that the change was nice. But it was abusable for quick pews for sure.