Discovery Gaming Community
Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day (/showthread.php?tid=127630)

Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - FynnMcScrap - 03-23-2015

Rob here, faction 1iC

Im sorry for the misbehaviour of 2 Newbies flying under T&T/ flag jesterday,
and im looking into it.

To KPT : I have seen no logs jet but I have got notice that you have been insulted in ooRP setting and inRP by a Player I coached jesterday. Im waiting for the sanction to come by so I can ask for the logs, but if you wish to speed things up just send them over.
My senior Tinkers know from our Skype chat that I do NOT take an easy view of swearing in chat or being overly rude, and off game you have my apologies.
Please let Tinkers Players proove that we can do better.

To the community :

Both players are newcomers and have probably not really read the Forum, the rules or the fluff.

1. One is ID breaking ( flying around with a outdated J/T&T/ TAG and then breaking ID rules by first using Freelance ID on a 4700 cargo Tanker and then by using T&T/ TAG with a Junker ID on a Salvager.) I have caught that one myself and talked to him, lets see if he changes ship and ID as promised.
  2. One came into Disco jesterday, got a boost to buy a Serenity and joined a scrapping spee. And then flew away to Kusari, started hauling Plutonium, insulted KPT and ended up with F1.

Both players can currently not be reached via Skype for the simple reason that they never joined our Skype group, and both are known to not read the Forum.
Both fly T&T/ Tag .

I have changed TAG PW, and am waiting to sort this out with KPT officials both inRP and off, and with Admins as soon as the sanction is processed.

Sorry for the mess

Rob

RE: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - The Liberty Rogues - 03-23-2015

Kudos for taking action first, before this lands in your feedback thread, not to mention taking responsibility for nublets.

RE: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - FynnMcScrap - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 08:49 AM)The Liberty Rogues Wrote: Kudos for taking action first, before this lands in your feedback thread, not to mention taking responsibility for nublets.

Oh well... I got chatspammed by my shocked Tinkers, and I AM responsible.

I coached both, but did not seem to have convinced them or taught them enough.

RE: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - Frade - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 08:48 AM)FynnMcScrap Wrote: Rob here, faction 1iC

To KPT : I have seen no logs jet but I have got notice that you have been insulted in ooRP setting and inRP by a Player I coached jesterday. Im waiting for the sanction to come by so I can ask for the logs, but if you wish to speed things up just send them over.
My senior Tinkers know from our Skype chat that I do NOT take an easy view of swearing in chat or being overly rude, and off game you have my apologies.
Please let Tinkers Players proove that we can do better.

Hello I was the KPT tagged vessle that encountered said ship yesterday, first I thank you for taking action against the vessle, but I do with to give you some outline as to the whole situation. The ship named T&T/I.Die.Hard was encountered by my self to be hauling Plutonium in new tokyo which is a restricted tau export commodity that T&T does not currently hold a liscence to carry. I attempted to begin a routine check on the vessle to ensure it had not actually bought this commodity within tau space (which makes it legal to haul) when asked a number of time to stop it continued to thrust away with very little responce so i shot at it a few times, in responce it simply returned fire no rp or anything, by this time KNF arrived and began assisting in the destruction of the ship which managed to dock mid fight. In responce to this ingame KNF mentioned about suspending T&T's liscence to trade in Kusari until the matter is resolved. Next thing i start getting plenty of oorp green messages non of which had a single english word in which i later had translated as either polish or romanian. Long story short the vessle was again halted for its previous crimes earlier this time near the shikoku gate where it was taken down, but not before it f1ed in space during the fight and this time it was one of the KNF who received the same foreign abuse in green messages.

Again i do wish to thank you for taking action on your own and I do wish to advise you are more careful with who you taking on within your faction.

As to your trading liscence, I am aware there was talk at the time of your liscence being suspended in Kusari until this matter was dealt with ingame, I suggest contacting KNF directly as they are the ones dealing with this issue.

I have attached the following screen shots for your benefit. ( I do apologise for the oorp group chat going on)
Screen 1
Screen 2

RE: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - FynnMcScrap - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 12:55 PM)Frade Wrote: ...but I do with to give you some outline as to the whole situation. The ship named T&T/***edit vs forum trial*** was encountered by my self to be hauling Plutonium in new tokyo which is a restricted tau export commodity that T&T does not currently hold a liscence to carry. I attempted to begin a routine check on the vessle to ensure it had not actually bought this commodity within tau space (which makes it legal to haul) when asked a number of time to stop it continued to thrust away with very little responce so i shot at it a few times, in responce it simply returned fire no rp or anything, by this time KNF arrived and began assisting in the destruction of the ship which managed to dock mid fight. In responce to this ingame KNF mentioned about suspending T&T's liscence to trade in Kusari until the matter is resolved. Next thing i start getting plenty of oorp green messages non of which had a single english word in which i later had translated as either polish or romanian. Long story short the vessle was again halted for its previous crimes earlier this time near the shikoku gate where it was taken down, but not before it f1ed in space during the fight and this time it was one of the KNF who received the same foreign abuse in green messages.

Ah, now the story sounds more likely, as the Newcomer told me he had been attacked by Kusari officials without reason, and he had not hauled Plutonium at that moment.
And one of my senior Tinkers relayed me what had been going on there was no info so far of 2 enncounters, and the newcomer has still to activate his LOGfiles.

I am explaining the situation to him, and will wait till the sanction has been processed by Admin to do anything definite.
As for the swearing : I have strongly advised the Newcomer to apologise towards you and explained that using a non-english language to avoid swearfilter is no minor stuff but can resolve in a serious sanction.

(03-23-2015, 12:55 PM)Frade Wrote: Again i do wish to thank you for taking action on your own and I do wish to advise you are more careful with who you taking on within your faction.

As to your trading liscence, I am aware there was talk at the time of your liscence being suspended in Kusari until this matter was dealt with ingame, I suggest contacting KNF directly as they are the ones dealing with this issue.

I have attached the following screen shots for your benefit. ( I do apologise for the oorp group chat going on)
Screen 1
Screen 2

I take in Newcomers to teach them how to trade , and how to be a productive member of Disco. And if they act badly : I will weather the storm, vote upon them staying in faction and then either teach them to do better RP and stay ... or ban them from faction.

We all have faults, and we all deserve a second chance.
Mind me : one second chance, not several.

Expecially using coarse language is something I do not like at all,
as I work in tech support in telephone and chat and get all these *nice words* flung at me quite often. But if everybody who deserves a sanction would be banned from Disco Server I would be quite lonely here. I will try to fix it, both inRP and ooc,
and take a final stand if that is not possible.
I bid you for some patience till then as it IS his 2nd day in Disco now,
and the sanction has not been processed by Admins jet.

Thank you

Rob

RE: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - FynnMcScrap - 03-24-2015

concerning : http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=122244&pid=1651544#pid1651544

(03-24-2015, 11:23 AM)FynnMcScrap Wrote:
Quote:Necessary to read for new members :
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=117754&pid=1550476#pid1550476 ( faction info and feedback )
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=116208 ( Tinkers Haven main Forum )
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8584 ( Sirius Laws and rules )
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334 ( Server and community rules )
Please remember : a "I dont know" or "I dont care" while flying with a T&T/ TAG will reflect on your comrades and will harm ALL T&T/ members.
We will help you if you have questions, but till you have prooven to all T&T/ members that you will not harm the faction you are junior members ... on trial :-)

Tinkers : I have again changed the TAG password after giving a new PW to Ahmed, as he already was a junior member.
I will continue to change the PW after giving it to a new mwmber till we agree on a new recruiting process.

Till then the new PW will be visible for Senior Members in the voting chat
We are currently voting on the new recruitement process,
and we currently have 2 unexperienced T&T/ juniors :

T&T/I.Die.Hard ( Victor )
T&T/Titan ( Ahmed )

There is another Newb who contacted me asking for entry, and I processed it according to the new suggestion, telling him to send me a transponder for trade, and to write at least 2 RP posts to us. We will see if and how this works out.

Greets
Rob

To the Community :

Some of the mess has been sorted, and I was quite amused how many rules and laws 2 unexperienced members coud break or bend in just 2 days.
I hope most have gone unnoticed or I will get a red phone from the Admins ...

Statement :

2 ships flying T&T/ transponder are currently owned by unexperienced players :

T&T/I.Die.Hard ( Victor )
T&T/Titan (Ahmed )

If you have a problem, if they break a rule or are caught breaking inRP laws :
Tell them, and tell me pls. I will sort it out as well as I can.
Play it out inRP , and give them a chance to learn... before deciding if you shoot them.

But also : Tinkers care for each other. They may bring us problems, they may be difficult... nevertheless they ARE junior Tinker members.
Till we accept them fully or deny them the TAG.

T&T/ is currently overthinking its recruitement, as we all decide on such topics.
Till then the recruitement is still possible ( I have already got the next question inGame ) but will not be as easy as before. We are Tinkers, not the [Angels].
We help if we can, but we expect at least a try at Forum and inGame RP.

"Because Tinkers are cool" is no valid reason to join us.

"Because T&T/ code of conduct is cool" is.

Greets
Rob

RE: Subj.: 2 T&T/ ships misbehaving on 1 day - FynnMcScrap - 03-28-2015

Tinkers : Vote has been called on this.
2 junior members have been caught misbehaving and breaking ID or breaking code of conduct in the last time.

I will copy / paste this in official voting file, and discussion has been raging on our voting chat. No need to post your reasons or decisions here, this is only about transparence towards the community, not on letting all see our precious balls...

We have a ongoing decision about changing and restricting our recrutation practice, and it will be changed.
Meaning that we will not accept members that have not shown they understand what it means to join a RP - centered faction.

But also a vote has been called on the continued membership of 2 junior members.

-one has shown little to no grasp of RP, and has been member of T&T/ for about 4 months.
-one has had a nasty incident on day 1 , but has so far shown a willingness to learn and interest in the faction.

Votes are being collected, decision will be posted as soon as vote is final