Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? (/showthread.php?tid=128170)

Pages: 1 2

Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-06-2015

First of all, I don't get this whole inRP armor thing, so I'm gonna ask: Are armors inRP tools or ooRP?
Secondly, let's assume it's inRP (maybe it is I dunno) how is the Armor justified on Nomads?

I mean, it doesn't realy seem that Nomads have a mechanic body, more Organic.

Here's the problem:

Ship: Nomad Fighter
Universal Armor Upgrade 8, Universal. Doesn't this mean it just applies for Humans?

UAU 8:

Spaceship armor upgrade is an essential piece of equipment for anyone heading in distant dangerous areas of Sirius sector. The Mk VIII uses the best alloys on the market and the newest hull reinforcement technologies. Additionally, it comes with shockwave-resistant, durable iridium struts placed in the cargo hold. Those take up some extra space and make the price very high, as iridium is difficult to process. In terms of protection, this type of armor rivals the weaker Capital Armor upgrades. Multiplies base armor by 2.5; occupies 20 cargo space.

HAU 4:

Armor upgrades specially developed for transports and light capital ships are cheaper and offer more protection than the universal upgrades of similar class, but occupy more cargo space. The Mk IV upgrade is more or less the standard issue armor for many heavy transports and gunships built today. Great value for your credits. Multiplies base armor by 3.0; occupies 170 cargo space.

CAU 8:

Armor upgrades specially developed for capital ships offer a much higher degree of protection, but occupy much more cargo space. The Mk VIII is the ultimate armor upgrade. The materials needed to construct armor of this type are extremely difficult to fabricate, making it the most expensive armor upgrade available. Multiplies base armor by 4.0; occupies 300 cargo space.

If there realy is no inRP logic to justify this, I realy think we should go for Nomad Shields then, since they are energy beeings amirite?
Could 4.0 the shield instead of Armor. But first things first, let's discuss this, iz importunt.

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - Agent Zero - 04-06-2015

It's inRP if you refer to it inRP. Nomads can just pretend it doesn't exist or that it's a morph-specific adaptation or something. Game mechanics mostly don't correspond to RP if you think about it, the universe scale being one obvious example.

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - t0l - 04-06-2015

4.0 shields would be pretty stupid, considering shields regenerate and hull doesn't.

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 10:49 PM)Tal Wrote: 4.0 shields would be pretty stupid, considering shields regenerate and hull doesn't.

hmm.. Well true that but, if I remember right inRP Nomads also regain health when they get close to Sun, but ofc in game you just die.

But with this shield regenerating, it could be implemented.

Coming back to inRP reason, well you could say they could just pretend like that however, the description clearly mentioned that its beeing used across sirius, but that wouldnt make any sense for Nomads. So Nomads would need their own Armor Upgrade (ofc would be named to nomad Adaptive Coating or something dunno) no?

I mean if it realy is inRP then something must be implemented.

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - t0l - 04-06-2015

I could imagine quite a few things that need changing over making AU8s make sense for a pretty small faction member base in the first place. When was the last time you saw K'hara, or Nomads in general, fly snubs?

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - SnakThree - 04-06-2015

It's called Nomad Fat. Protects from the elements.

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - nOmnomnOm - 04-07-2015

(04-06-2015, 11:48 PM)Snak3 Wrote: It's called Nomad Fat. Protects from the elements.

Step 1) make a nomads flying a whale but it has added guns on it.
Step 2) make it's name be Moby Dick
Step 3) we get our BHG battleships and harpoooooon for nomad fat remains!

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - Gulryz - 04-07-2015

I think nomads should have different armors from Human

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - Charo - 04-09-2015

I think you guys are looking too far into this. What's the difference if it saying "Nomad armor" instead of "Armor upgrade". There are FAR more important things for the developers to spend their time on

RE: Nomad Armor / Shield logic? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-12-2015

(04-09-2015, 06:05 PM)Russell Wrote: I think you guys are looking too far into this. What's the difference if it saying "Nomad armor" instead of "Armor upgrade". There are FAR more important things for the developers to spend their time on

Then what's the difference in having Nomad Cloaks and Normal Cloaks, tell me that? 8|