Discovery Gaming Community
Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - staff-triggered mission - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - staff-triggered mission (/showthread.php?tid=128443)

Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - staff-triggered mission - Jack_Henderson - 04-14-2015

Heyhey!

I just wanted to give some feedback on the staff-triggered POB raid mission in O3.

Awesome! It was even already damn cool in a test run with hastily assembled K'Hara players, and an unorganised pvp-horny crowd of players that were more concerend with shooting (too weak) Nomad Cap NPCs.

The true potential in situations like this is a roleplay one.
The Nomad NPC caps are no real enemies atm, they lack stats to be dangerous, so the roleplay between the ships is something that can happen (as you do not die).

I would have wished for a lot more "inter-cap" roleplay, commanders roleplaying their own ships, roleplaying cooperation with other ships, etc. Not like in real play-player fights in which it is a bout "don't get typekilled", but in these fights, it was possible and it could have been done a lot better.

Especially sad was when the K'Hara came in (hastily beamed to the event), and they were pretty much roflstomped by a colorful mix of tanky caps. Big waste of rp potential. Every epic confrontation (and K'hara caps in front of a Nomad lair is as epic as it can get) has to be more that just "press mouse button, not die". Think about cool scenes from space ship movies...

I would like to thank Alley for making this event (and to all other Admins, if it was not Alley alone, of course!).
Thank you also for the K'Hara who spartaed. Next time, I hope we can give you more than just right-clickingz.
Thank you for everybody who actually roleplayed with the POB, with the ships, and who made it more than just a "right click, wait for explosions, then fly away once green message".

Using the potential... that's what we can become better at.
And these kinds of events have proven that there is a lot of cool stuff possible on Disco.

I had a great evening with this one.
Thank you for that. Wink

Jack - IMG|Biscayne.Bay

RE: Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - Admin triggered mission - Lythrilux - 04-14-2015

A brief discussion with Max.Bucks in game told me that they have a lot of stuff planned, like actually destroy-able bases and tougher boss-like NPCs.

RE: Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - Admin triggered mission - Connor - 04-15-2015

I gathered as many K'Hara as I could during the 5 minutes notice we gave people. Quite surprised how many people turned up int he way of K'Hara though before we were decimated. I think we need to organise a massive PvP event (Like one Lyth organised a while back) where it'd be in Delta and the nomads + Wild have to defend a newly created nomad lair against the combined force of the Order and Core. Kinda pay back for Toledo as such.

RE: Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - staff-triggered mission - Stoner_Steve - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 12:13 AM)Snoopy Wrote: Kinda pay back for Toledo as such.

Please

also kind of related. Can these staff triggered events spread around beyond just the Jellies? I'm thinking a GRN, Corsairs, Outcasts, pretty much any of the major battlegrounds

RE: Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - staff-triggered mission - Lythrilux - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 12:13 AM)Snoopy Wrote: I gathered as many K'Hara as I could during the 5 minutes notice we gave people. Quite surprised how many people turned up int he way of K'Hara though before we were decimated. I think we need to organise a massive PvP event (Like one Lyth organised a while back) where it'd be in Delta and the nomads + Wild have to defend a newly created nomad lair against the combined force of the Order and Core. Kinda pay back for Toledo as such.

Once I get the pre-determined Yaren/Dabadoru event out the way I wouldn't mind working with staff to organize events like those Big GrinDDD

RE: Feedback: O3 Nomad lair raid - staff-triggered mission - Treewyrm - 04-15-2015

Jack, think of it as of early testing waters, for most of the part merely a technical trial. Testing out plugins functionality and such. For me it helps to determine what kind of more 'special' stuff we'll need to have in game, specific to such kind of events, in order to make these kind of things work properly (that is to provide challenge, first and foremost to protagonist crowd). New stationary defenses, equipment, a lot more stuff to make use of and to make those kind of scenarios, event-based universe missions if you will.