Discovery Gaming Community
Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? (/showthread.php?tid=128570)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Vycos - 04-18-2015

Today i witnessed some interesting, and personally little upsetting behavior by some players. I understand that this game involves combat, and interaction, and on this server RP as well. I started to play here in February 2015 just a few months ago, and tried to immerse as much as i can to role play. I had some struggles with pirate encounters and had my fair share of noob out of role play comments from my impulses of being upset regarding to the virtual losses. I have come to better understand the dynamics of RP after i joined IMG and the leadership and members gave me a lot of good advise. I enjoy the RP more and more.
However, what i witnessed today is not what i think RP should be...

Please look at the screenshots attached and tell me, is this the example i should see as a new player on the server when trying to learn more and more about RP?

~Trial by forum: Links removed. Names are bad. - King Boo ~

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - t0l - 04-18-2015

A bit immature, maybe. Alright, pretty immature. Not really out of context for the Liberty Rogues, especially given who they are.

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - The Liberty Rogues - 04-18-2015

We have a thread for that.
Also, the player in question was already mentioned that their name and style of RP was rather upsetting, but their reply was "Nah..."

So we never really bothered to do anything about it. Also, she is a girl.

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Mort - 04-18-2015

Liberty Rogues are not about RP. They are about funny nicknames and so-called POOPINATORS))) But they're good funny chaps)

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - sindroms - 04-18-2015

Switching accs, because the next few lines are from a more personal perspective.

You joined recently. You were brought up by IMG, which is fine enough. They might teach some very odd things about how to treat unlawful players, but I digress.

Thing is, the thing Torpedoes do is needed. You need to unwind.
In the main LR-, you will find the quality RP and Roguey badassitude and lots of extortions.

In the Torpedoes you will find lulz. Pure lulz.

Also, since you were present at the time, how many of those people did you notice actually say anything before they opened fire on us. Would you think they are worth giving any more RP than that to?

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Cashew - 04-18-2015

I know there is good RP up for grabs in Liberty but on the grand scale of things it's one of the worse places to search for good RP. The Torpedos do that sort of stuff, the full caps maybe didn't help the interaction. If you want to get away from the more fun and silly side of the RP on offer then try going to Rheinland or Kusari, I never fail to find someone willing to have a chat with one of my characters. But yeah, Torpedos (: - They're good fun when not blurting out that sort of stuff.

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Kauket - 04-18-2015

People can portray their characters they want in a free, wild, crazy way. Seems pretty normal to me considering that Rogues are sometimes known to be crazy, or some under the influence of Cardamine. It gives a vibe of the psychotic personalities from the constant screaming.

Interestingly enough, why is it mostly engagement notices that you pick out? And it seems you weren't anywhere else for the actual RP encounters - as the bits you picked out were the capital ship fights which always inevitably end in chaos.

Spend more time going about, because you're judging a book by it's cover.

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Sylvie557 - 04-18-2015

There are stupid immature people in real life, why should there be stupid immature characters in roleplay?

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - sindroms - 04-18-2015

Especially if one RPs the other ))))))))))

RE: Is this the example that a new player should see on a RP server? - Sath - 04-19-2015

(04-18-2015, 11:04 PM)sindroms Wrote: They might teach some very odd things about how to treat unlawful players

How accurate Smile