Discovery Gaming Community
Trial - The Removal of Conn - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Trial - The Removal of Conn (/showthread.php?tid=128681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trial - The Removal of Conn - Hidamari - 04-22-2015

Good for the server? Bad for the server?

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - Corile - 04-22-2015

wtf
no

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - The Liberty Rogues - 04-22-2015

No.
Keep pvpwhores in the zoo.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - Lythrilux - 04-22-2015

I'd be interested to see what it'd be like as a trial.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - Panzer - 04-22-2015

I'd go with a permanent removal.

As part of a plan aimed at at downsizing Sirius in general.

Conn is too convenient.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - jammi - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 06:14 PM)Panzer Wrote: I'd go with a permanent removal.

As part of a plan aimed at at downsizing Sirius in general.

Conn is too convenient.

I'm not sure I understand your sentiments here? Too convenient? Isn't that a good thing? The alternative is people staging random OORP training fights inside the actual game world, which is justifiable... how? At the end of the day, people being in Conn isn't outright detrimental and also serves as a useful place for transfers and training.

Edit for graet justice: I'll second everything DragonRider has just said, because he's got it pretty much on the head there.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - DragonRider - 04-22-2015

tl;dr: Disable Conn for a week or two. But give a good reason if you want it removed pernamently

Conn should stay.

The most common argument is that players spend their time in Conn, when they should be playing the actual game. That is Role-Playing. The server IS a RP server and the mod is build with RP in mind (correct me if I'm wrong).
This is a very solid argument, and I completely understand anyone who supports it.

However, this is what I'd say to counter it:
What if you want to train, without quitting after a single death, as it would happen in a RP environment?
What if you just want to pew pew? On that note, do you know that type of players who seem to avoid RP and just go in for the kill? Even if the opposing player/faction gives a good reason not to be engaged, they still do? What do you think about such people? Do they value RP, or pvp? I'd guess pvp. And what is a good place for pvp with no RP? You guessed it.

This right here is the point I want to get across. I would guess, again correct me if I'm wrong, that the people who support the "Dont be in conn. Be in the real RP game." value RP. For them, no Conn means only good things:
inRP training and inRP equipment transfers/sales. Just to name a few.
But, if you are one of those people, you should look from the other perspective.
Imagine this. You like Freelancer. You like multiplayer. All non-disco mods have a really low population. You enter disco and get a Eagle one way or another. But you don't like RP. At all. You go to Conn and pew 24/7.
Are you hurting non-conn users? No.
Are you doing damage to the server by playing on, only in a different system that the majority of the players? No.

Tell me this. Honestly.
Should we delete Conn, the only system when non-RPers can play, and force those people to quit?
Or maybe you want those people to make a bounty hunter/pirate and engage every red, regardless or reason?

WITH THAT SAID

I'd like to see what will happen, if Conn was disabled for a week or two.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - t0l - 04-22-2015

It'd be interesting to see what happens, honestly.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - Fluffyball - 04-22-2015

I vote no. On the one hand, Conn is a place, where a lot of fights take place, while it should be done inside the RP area. On the other hand, Conn is the only safehaven, in which equipment can be traded without interference or training can take place.

But, of course, I would like to see what would happen without Conn for a week or two. However, it would cease any form of equipment dealing.

RE: Trial - The Removal of Conn - Pavel - 04-22-2015

lolno