Discovery Gaming Community
Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier (/showthread.php?tid=128783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Sabru - 04-26-2015

Update: Short reference list of what whats. Will be updated as the houses update their laws.
- Liberty: Bustard and Corvo legal
- Rheinland: Corvo legal. Bustards require prior permission and registration (see Rheinland laws for full terms and conditions.)
- Kusari: Bustard - Illegal unless prior permission from KNF command is given.
- Bretonia: Legal
- Gallia: Soon™

- OP edited to clearly show only relevant info now.

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Big_B - 04-26-2015

My question would be what the Civ Carrier actually is labeled instead of what the Houses think it is.
As what was it planned to be? A Carrier or a Liner?
I want to know if I can used it with a FL ID since it does not permit the use of a Carrier but a Liner

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Lythrilux - 04-26-2015

I'd say the Civ Carrier counts as a cap from the inRP PoV of a Government. In it's infocard it's considered a lightweight capital. It can also mount capital ship weaponry.

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Crackling - 04-26-2015

What is it considered for IDs?

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Sabru - 04-26-2015

for IDs, its considered a liner. that way even FLs can use it.

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Sabru - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 03:55 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: I'd say the Civ Carrier counts as a cap. In it's infocard it's considered a lightweight capital. It can also mount capital ship weaponry.

but then we get to the argument of 'are all caps considered warships?"

the infocard says:
"Designed and manufactured to serve in dark corners of space where the closest friendly base is but a memory; the Bustard is a mobile retreat point intended for snubcraft operating away from friendly installations. The Bustard was designed with the intention of avoiding the sheer cost and quantity of resources manufacturing and maintaining a military carrier requires, and so, sacrificing combat capabilities of a warship, its design leans toward availability and ease of maintenance, and so becomes a practical choice of carrier for smaller groups lacking the means of maintaining an actual warship."

it was designed to be an alternate to a warship. doesnt actually say the magic words capital ship

hence the question to the house govs.

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Kauket - 04-26-2015

It's a liner.
If it lists it as illegal in the laws, then it's illegal.
It's up to them if they want to update it or not.

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Alestone - 04-26-2015

AFC has already been fined by Rheinland for an unlicensed Cap ship in their space...

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - sindroms - 04-26-2015

As long as it mounts weapons that are above gunboat class, it is a considerable threat. As such- a cap.
It should not enter house space unsupervised.

RE: Question to the folks who run the house Governments re: civ carrier - Stoner_Steve - 04-26-2015

See this is the issue with having different wording for rules and "house laws". The rules say its a Liner, but if the houses say its a Cap Ship who's right, the Dev Team or the Governments ingame?