Discovery Gaming Community
AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? (/showthread.php?tid=128842)

Pages: 1 2

AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-28-2015

Alright guys, with a couple of discussion with the Primary Artificial Intelligence leader, aswell as seeing various complaints on forum about the AI - IFF, we would like to put a poll for something nostalgic and something better fitting, as something that always fitted, as something that fitted in the past and still have a solid name on today.

So we want the community especially vets that know "them" since back in the old days to vote on the name we are going to choose.

First of all, let me explain you why this was thought. The term AI - seems very generic, people want to RP as usual AIs as it seems allthough using current AI technology while RPing a Gallic AI or Bretonian AI is still something I fail to see how much sense it makes. In my opinion still, it doesnt. But anyway lets not jump into that:

The Harvesters

As many of you guys remember http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Harvesters

Their Lore was a pretty messed up one, indeed it was. I had a last talk with Ironwatsas as he kinda gave up with his project and finaly after so many years he left it into my hands. Now I myself dunno if Ironwatsas has any right to the Harvester Lore, but I remember he wrote the continual, the Consortium, of the Harvester Lore. Especially FTGoW was his main Character that he RPed all the time and he himself especially mentioned that he used FTGoW always as a character on wherever.

Reading the Lore, this beeing is very Overpowered, not to mention how it watches and "helps" the Daam Kvosh to develop and all that kind of inappropriate things. Its stupid. So I thought about ripping off all the Nomad and Daam Kvosh and that OP beeing coming outta nowhere parts of the Lore and finalize it with our current Primary Artificial Intelligence Lore, becoming the Harvesters.

FTGoW can be converted into a story part which would make more sense, especially now that Ironwatsas gave me all the rights.

The source is a good one, the Roleplay of it too. The Lore is actually build up pretty well, if you remove all the Nomad, Daam Kvosh and that OP beeing parts. The FTGoW itself could actually be just an intelligence, not a sudden entity that lives in zero space and dunno what which never dies, no not that. I m talking about an Artificial Intelligence Programming, kinda like the Gammu Core we mentioned in our Lore, or back then it was CABAL (these are just examples, dont worry nothing of em has been used in the Prime Lore).

So here it is, the Poll is about the IFF beeing converted into Harvester - and on reputation sheet "Harvesters" , which originate from the AI parts of Freelancer Universe, means from the current AI Lore that we are working on. This would either replace the AI IFF or seperate from ours, but these are future questions that are not clearified yet anyway.

If you have any past RP rememberance of Harvesters, please share them with us, would also love to see referrences and people which actually still remember them.

RE: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - Antagonist - 04-28-2015

Where is option C "Something else"?
Where is option D "I don't care"?

RE: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - t0l - 04-28-2015

I swear that AI wants to change something of theirs every month.

(04-28-2015, 05:16 PM)Tal Wrote: I swear that AI wants to change something of theirs every month.

It is nothing about changing something about us. It's something about a broken/improvable environment we have to deal with at the moment.

RE: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 05:16 PM)Tal Wrote: I swear that AI wants to change something of theirs every month.

Nub tal stahp madnis

RE: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - Fluffyball - 04-28-2015

No. Not all AI are killers or Berserk Drones.

RE: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - Shizune - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 06:29 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: No. Not all AI are killers or Berserk Drones.

I agree, not to mention Harvesters used Junker ID's and AI ID's anyways. But ya, they were basically all just aggressive terror bots, it would make no sense to replace the IFF from standard AI to a name that was used on terror bots

RE: AI appearantly beeing generic, change? - jammi - 04-28-2015

But it also doesn't make sense that AIs have a uniform ship line either. Nonsense for everyone!

That said, let the dead toasters remain dead. No need to go raiding crypts and slapping their name on an IFF.

(04-28-2015, 06:36 PM)Shizune Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 06:29 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: No. Not all AI are killers or Berserk Drones.

I agree, not to mention Harvesters used Junker ID's and AI ID's anyways. But ya, they were basically all just aggressive terror bots, it would make no sense to replace the IFF from standard AI to a name that was used on terror bots

Agree. Furthermore it would be robbing of a name. The point is just missing I'd like to vote. Where is "Primary" or "The Primary" voting option?

(04-28-2015, 07:35 PM)jammi Wrote: But it also doesn't make sense that AIs have a uniform ship line either. Nonsense for everyone!

What is the nonsense of this?

(04-28-2015, 07:35 PM)jammi Wrote: That said, let the dead toasters remain dead. No need to go raiding crypts and slapping their name on an IFF.

If you talk about the Harvester IFF naming, sure totally agree. If you mean the AI itself. Don't know about the game you are active in, but we try to be quite active. Smile