Discovery Gaming Community
NL event: Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: NL event: Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=128980)

Pages: 1 2

NL event: Feedback - jammi - 05-02-2015

Okay, I think it's fair to say that tonight's event was a hilarious, brilliant, entertaining, terrible, hot steaming mess. Best of both worlds. Here's my feedback:

Pros:
-Shows that you can still get a massive turnout for officially sanctioned server events.
-Having a stationary structure as an objective is great for focusing activity.
-Really revitalized the GRN for the evening. All the Valors crawled out the woodwork.

Cons:
-Poor leadership and organization. Rules were constantly shifting mid-event. Base was prematurely destroyed* by admins due to people breaking rules, when this was due to confusion caused by the previous.
-Objectives poorly framed. "Kill the base" with an indefinite time frame leads to an inevitable attacker victory, while an unspecified time frame leads to general confusion for everyone.
-Too much going on in one place. Leads to a laggy, unplayable mess for many people.
-Random people turning up who had no business being there. Rheinland caps, Hessians, etc.

Suggestions:
-Beforehand, clearly lay out who should be there, what specifically should be done and how long there is to do it in.
-It'd be nice if there were permanent consequences associated with official events (i.e. an NPC base to stage from for the victor), with the two branching options laid out beforehand.
-Consider splitting the activity over two systems with different objectives for attackers/defenders. A BAF base in Leeds, a GRN base in NL. Both sides would have to make tactical decisions about whether to attack the enemy base or defend their own. Reduces the load on individual systems.
-A group of several Admins in-game to monitor events and beam/.kill people who are breaking the rules or who shouldn't be there.

The above out the way, I reckon this was an excellent test bed event and I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what you guys can come up with next! Good job! Big Grin

RE: NL event: Feedback - Crackling - 05-02-2015

It seems, that without countless respawns of Valors the base would be blown up in 5 minutes after beginning.

RE: NL event: Feedback - Dragonmaster - 05-02-2015

The Idea of this event was awesome. And i hope we will have more Events like this in the future. Anyway, thanks to everyone and especially to Alley !

RE: NL event: Feedback - TheProphet - 05-02-2015

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head right there. All that events such as this would honestly require is more moderation. I hope this was a decent server stress test, and that the devs can use info and feedback from this event to make more interesting server sanctioned things in the future.

RE: NL event: Feedback - Tarator - 05-02-2015

Was fun, wasn't that bad in general, the mess was mainly because the server crashed several times, and after each crash, we were supposed to create new chat groups but that just didn't happen due the number of players involved.

At the beginning we had a clear strategy laid down, and a role for each ship class even formations, but soon enough, the server started crashing and upon returning, we'd find ourselves in a big mess caused by miscommunication or no communication at all.

RE: NL event: Feedback - Thunderer - 05-02-2015

Needs more people moderating it and either a stronger server, or to be in different systems.

RE: NL event: Feedback - Wesker - 05-02-2015

What thund said pretty much and please, never EVER EVER DVER, bend pvp rules in something like that. It leads to anarchy, honestly I was upset by the number of times the GRN caps respawned but I also can understand why they wanted too. It was OK I guess.

RE: NL event: Feedback - Stoner_Steve - 05-03-2015

I would like to see the fights spread out more, so lets say there is a snub brawl in Leeds, with a cap ship assault in New London rather than everyone in one place

RE: NL event: Feedback - Wesker - 05-03-2015

Also if there was a recording can someone post the vid?

RE: NL event: Feedback - Chuba - 05-03-2015

where is my money c: