Discovery Gaming Community
Revelation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Revelation (/showthread.php?tid=129043)

Revelation - Emile - 05-04-2015

I have to confess you all something, I have never been the guy I pretended to be, even at some point I had to lie to people who i hold very dearly in my life. At first I intended to come back to the game just to have some short blasts and minor fun. It changed (again) when i met certain people on the server. (Not going into any details nor mentioning names.) Some know who i am, beyond this alt. Even knew i was playing here and i helped them a lot with many things. Still, all things have to come to an end. This is why I have decided to do some simple thing to get attention drawn to myself by admins. Note that I never did hide my true identity for them, but my reason is to show that even while you are prejudged by your old name you can do good things. Things like i have done in the RFP, Kruger, CORE, HF, ALG, IMG and even some other factions. In HF I am ashamed i usually had no time when there was a big raid, still it was fun to tag along from time to time.

I have seen a lot of prejudges by people who think someone is someone in their past. Even think because they do belong to an official faction that they are above you when you are a mere indy. Even the leaders who are sometime so sour, they just treat you like dirt because you are new or 'maybe' someone they might have known in the past. Does this all matter? You know what matters? The way you all continue to play the game. The behavior you have shown to me and surely many other people who wandered once or still as indy players. They get easy fed up with the game, just because of the behavior of other players. Change this, maybe the server amount might increase again and the server might be more fun to play on again.

Also think of new things, no offence but this has been done before. Be inventive to make it more attractive to the crowd. Both players/admins should do that. With the recent developments like the GRN - BAF in New london event, I believe they are doing a great job. Finally, after many times asking the people seem to have more influence on the story outcomes. This is something i see as a great improvement in the past, HOWEVER.. When people do not keep to the rules of said event and keep respawning (both BAF and GRN did beyond the rule limitations) they affect the outcome like a cheat to benefit their beloved house/faction.There are no inRP player driven changes to Freelancer history if all players are playing for a house aka Bretonia and none for the other aka Gallia. Some I have mentioned in the past the /nodock for RFP, it seems to become a reality at some point in Discovery. I can say i am responsible for more then only these suggestions, but still it seems that the one who keeps banging on the door eventually overcomes it all.

I wish you all the best in discovery, treat other people how you want to be treated and the game will be fun for everyone. Keep to the rules for events and everyone is satisfied with their los or win. You can not win everything and a win is much sweeter when you tasted the sour bitterness of loosing.