Discovery Gaming Community
Sweeping problems under the rug - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Sweeping problems under the rug (/showthread.php?tid=129112)

Pages: 1 2

Sweeping problems under the rug - Snoozzzer - 05-07-2015

Pavel Wrote:[Image: l6lc4.jpg]

This right here seems like a perfect example of simply ignoring a problem instead of addressing it. This thread - http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=129109 had one troll post that is still visible, and has been locked. It wasn't out of hand. There was no name calling. Why did you lock a civil conversation?

Go ahead though, lock this thread and sanction me under a forum rule that doesn't actually exist

Edit: I'm actually going to use that image as a sig, thanks for it btw

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - nOmnomnOm - 05-07-2015

1.2 Trolling or harassing other members of the community

When in doubt, accuse with that.

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Snoozzzer - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 06:56 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: 1.2 Trolling or harassing other members of the community

When in doubt, accuse with that.

Sound logic for a group of grown men and women

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Wildkins - 05-07-2015

Probably because it was a few guys walking in with a holster full of assumptions and ready to fire at a moment's notice, only to find out that their assumptions were actually blanks.

I don't actually know though, I was ready and geared to fire back with a small dissertation on why this entire topic is blown way out of proportion only to find I couldn't post

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Pavel - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 06:55 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote: Edit: I'm actually going to use that image as a sig, thanks for it btw

Np you're welcome ))

More serious though, the thread in question (regardless of discussing what is a legit issue imo) had big drama potential which was visible from the very first post, and it quickly started devolving into drama/personal thread. Mods, under admin guidance, decided it'd be best to lock it. Thread made by Captain_Nemo seems better (and safer) because it doesn't give any examples of accused behaviour, but rather concentrates on issue itself and discussion about it - that's why it wasn't derailed and it's still open.

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Snoozzzer - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 08:13 PM)Pavel Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 06:55 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote: Edit: I'm actually going to use that image as a sig, thanks for it btw

Np you're welcome ))

More serious though, the thread in question (regardless of discussing what is a legit issue imo) had big drama potential which was visible from the very first post, and it quickly started devolving into drama/personal thread. Mods, under admin guidance, decided it'd be best to lock it. Thread made by Captain_Nemo seems better (and safer) because it doesn't give any examples of accused behaviour, but rather concentrates on issue itself and discussion about it - that's why it wasn't derailed and it's still open.

Fair enough. I still would have liked to see it develop a tad further, good points were being made

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Ayato - 05-07-2015

discoverygc has been a haven for refugees from RL who like to think that skypelancing, saying that 2+2=5 when "the party" decides it is, and "might makes right"-admining is a sign of their own mental superiority since... forever.

It's a place maintained by assholes for assholes, by idiots for idiots, who legitimize their crappy behavior through nothing but constant re-affirmation by the assholes and idiots that make up its rotten core.

In 2015, you noticed it too.

Bravo.

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Garrett Jax - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 10:29 PM)Ayato Wrote: discoverygc has been a haven for refugees from RL who like to think that skypelancing, saying that 2+2=5 when "the party" decides it is, and "might makes right"-admining is a sign of their own mental superiority since... forever.

It's a place maintained by assholes for assholes, by idiots for idiots, who legitimize their crappy behavior through nothing but constant re-affirmation by the assholes and idiots that make up its rotten core.

Bravo.

And yet, you keep coming back Karlotta. What does that say about you?

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Miaou - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 10:29 PM)Ayato Wrote: discoverygc has been a haven for refugees from RL who like to think that skypelancing, saying that 2+2=5 when "the party" decides it is, and "might makes right"-admining is a sign of their own mental superiority since... forever.

Bravo.

Karlotta? Have you rejoined us?

edit: Thanks for the Ninja, Garrett :/

RE: Sweeping problems under the rug - Ayato - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 10:33 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote:

Bravo.

And yet, you keep coming back Karlotta. What does that say about you?

I like playing spaceship games?