Discovery Gaming Community
Event announcements - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Event announcements (/showthread.php?tid=129113)

Event announcements - nOmnomnOm - 05-07-2015

So since we see that you can announce events by posting a sort of banner on the Index... can leaders ask to have our own events advertised the same way?
Just a questions since it is possible to do it.

RE: Event announcements - Remnant - 05-07-2015

Short answer: No. We can't do that.
Short answer extended: Ooh, what's this.

[Image: FETsGc9.png]
(Never thought I would be able to use that image again.)
IF people use the calendar more, we can put in a plugin and put upcoming events in a more notable place. Nobody uses it though.

Ps: Oh. That's the old forums. Still stands that the function exists.

RE: Event announcements - TheSauron - 05-07-2015

We have a calendar! 0:

RE: Event announcements - nOmnomnOm - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 07:01 PM)King Boo Wrote: Short answer: No. We can't do that.

IF people use the calendar more, we can put in a plugin and put upcoming events in a more notable place. Nobody uses it though.

im actually serious.

no one uses the calendar becasue no one knows how to use it or it is just mass birthdays on it that no one looks at.
so basically it is a no becasue we have a useless thing that no one uses and therefor we will never do anything :|
k

Here is where I am confused:

Why not? This is to inform the community of an upcoming event and it will be i bet turned on and off by admins/mods/etc. its not like we have 10000 events going on so it wont be spammed or anything.....

but ok. if no then no

RE: Event announcements - Tarator - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 07:17 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 07:01 PM)King Boo Wrote: Short answer: No. We can't do that.

im actually serious.

no one uses the calendar becasue no one knows how to use it or it is just mass birthdays on it that no one looks at.
so basically it is a no becasue we have a useless thing that no one uses and therefor we will never do anything :|
k

Here is where I am confused:

Why not? This is to inform the community of an upcoming event and it will be i bet turned on and off by admins/mods/etc. its not like we have 10000 events going on so it wont be spammed or anything.....

but ok. if no then no

You've already got an answer that can actually work:

(05-07-2015, 07:01 PM)King Boo Wrote: IF people use the calendar more, we can put in a plugin and put upcoming events in a more notable place. Nobody uses it though.

RE: Event announcements - Shinju - 05-07-2015

Some factions want closed event for Official factions only. Post it above and for example 100 LNS will appear on the scene. Simply, if you want an event then just post it in Events & Competitions, bump it everyday and share it in shoutbox? (Not SPAM)

RE: Event announcements - nOmnomnOm - 05-07-2015

The point I am asking is to not really look for the event but it is just there on the side or something that just says like : upcoming events A) B) C).

With a calender then like... only people who know about it will click on it. New guys will have no idea.
Unless ofc it is talked about more and everyone will finally know.

@the post above: ye but like.... the leader would ask if they want it to be announced or not :|

edit: Mkay ill try the calender then for stuff :|||||||