Discovery Gaming Community
Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin (/showthread.php?tid=129275)

Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 05-11-2015

We had recently, some ( let's call it a ) mini-event of some sort, in Dublin, with a static gallic Battleship wich can be destroyed, and some other gallics ships spawning around too.

We all know that's the heat of the everyone against gauls war, and probably a test before the bouli battle.That's also nice and all to have interactive stuff in disco.

However, it's very very strange to see something like that in Dublin.
We all know that some faction around ahve a non aggression pact, the Gallic royal navy and the Mollys.
So it was very strange, to us, to see that hoard of gallic battleships breaking in Dublin and therefore puting an end to the NAP.

So maybe, it was wanted by the GRN lead ( miaou if i'm not mistaken ), or maybe a part of the storyline advancement.
But if it wasn't, i feel very inconfortable to deal with the consenquences of that mini-event.

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Blodo - 05-11-2015

It wasn't near a Molly base or anything. Nobody forced you to shoot it. If there's consequences with Molly-GRN NAP, they are on you. Of course the consequences (or lack thereof) are all up to the GRN faction.

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - WesternPeregrine - 05-12-2015

On a related topic, from what I've been reading from he events and the admin spawned ships, it has mostly been Valors.

Isn't it odd that they are using Valors instead of gallic cruisers or something? Are Valors being converted to cannon fodder now?

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Stuffz - 05-12-2015

Well I had great fun. It brought a lot of players together.
Those NPC invasions unfortunately don't offer much to fighters (unless the opposing player side brings them out too).

And I think the war has some business in Dublin too. The mollys should just try to exploit the fighting as much as they can I guess.

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 05-12-2015

(05-11-2015, 11:54 PM)Blodo Wrote: It wasn't near a Molly base or anything.
It was in Dublin, that's enough, considering Dublin as a whole, is recognized as Mollys sovereign space by the gallic crown.

Of course the consequences are up the faction involved, but, still feel strange, like being forced to do something.

Anyway, thanks for the explanations.

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Miaou - 05-12-2015

Don't blame us for whatever the admins/devs suddenly do. I'd take this with the grain of s.alt anyways. Fun little events for fun. Video games and all that.

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - jammi - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 12:01 AM)Blodwyn ODriscoll Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 11:54 PM)Blodo Wrote: It wasn't near a Molly base or anything.
It was in Dublin, that's enough, considering Dublin as a whole, is recognized as Mollys sovereign space by the gallic crown.

Of course the consequences are up the faction involved, but, still feel strange, like being forced to do something.
I'd be extremely dubious about any deal like this. Dublin is pretty much singlehandedly keeping Bretonia in the war by bankrolling their failing economy. Gold is an extremely valuable export commodity. It's probably also the only way Gallia could recoup the cost of the war in any realistic timeframe.

Considering the Mollys are a spaceborne group of a few thousand people at most, and have been an abject failure in booting Bretonia out of Dublin for the last 70 years, it doesn't make sense that the GRN'd stay out and continue to let you be ineffective. Preventing Bretonian exploitation of Dublin should realistically be a massive Gallic strategic priority; they would want to take a direct hand in matters to disrupt operations there, and secure resources for themselves.

That's not the explanation for the event, but it's my first thoughts on the matter either way.

(05-12-2015, 12:32 AM)Miaou Wrote: Don't blame us for whatever the admins/devs suddenly do. I'd take this with the grain of s.alt anyways. Fun little events for fun. Video games and all that.
Yep. Nail on the head.

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Maskage - 05-12-2015

I hope there's more of this in the future. I went flying around in a GRN fighter hoping to stir up trouble (with the brets) and taunt people, and imagine my glee when a friendly battleship appears and starts sending waves of npcs at the people i was taunting Big Grin

RE: Gallic Battleships spawning in Dublin - Blodwyn O'Driscoll - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 12:32 AM)Miaou Wrote: Don't blame us for whatever the admins/devs suddenly do. I'd take this with the grain of s.alt anyways.

Wasn't blaming anyone.
I just wondered, if the devs decisions was made accordingly to what GRN wanted to do, or not.

(05-12-2015, 12:49 AM)jammi Wrote: Dublin is pretty much singlehandedly keeping Bretonia in the war by bankrolling their failing economy. Gold is an extremely valuable export commodity. It's probably also the only way Gallia could recoup the cost of the war in any realistic timeframe.

Considering the Mollys are a spaceborne group of a few thousand people at most, and have been an abject failure in booting Bretonia out of Dublin for the last 70 years, it doesn't make sense that the GRN'd stay out and continue to let you be ineffective. Preventing Bretonian exploitation of Dublin should realistically be a massive Gallic strategic priority; they would want to take a direct hand in matters to disrupt operations there, and secure resources for themselves.

it's up to the GRN to decide.

Of course we do have a very different point o view of what kind of damage the Mollys are inflicting on BMM ( and therefore Bretonia ) gold business Smile