Discovery Gaming Community
Returning player has a question. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Returning player has a question. (/showthread.php?tid=129280)

Returning player has a question. - Ombre démoniaque - 05-12-2015

I wont lie. I miss playing Disco. however. there where reasons why I left. First: I had 10 accounts (Reason being that you can only
Have one ship per...) Then I had to go away for more then six months. when I returned all but 2 of my accounts where deleted. this
Enraged me so much I quit altogether. however I am a huge Science fiction fan and to this day love the gameplay and universe of
Freelancer and Disco. there are not many spaceship games out there. I have tried everyone I have heard about. none can match Disco.
So, has the Developers removed that rule where you're Chars are Deleted after six months of inactivity? they have to realize people
will come and go. leave and return. the way it went with me is I would come play for a few months. leave for a few months. return etc etc.
on and on it went. then I had to leave for training and all I gathered was lost...

I apologies for my ramble but my overall question is:
it safe for me to return or should just forget about disco again?

RE: Returning player has a question. - Foochow - 05-12-2015

Well, the character limit is 5 per account. And yes the rule still counts. Accounts beyond 6 months of inactivity can't be restored, sadly. But it's not all that dark mate, I started from the beginning many times and it was fun every time as it was when I first started.

~[Angels]Foochow

RE: Returning player has a question. - Ombre démoniaque - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 01:24 AM)Foochow Wrote: Well, the character limit is 5 per account. And yes the rule still counts. Accounts beyond 6 months of inactivity can't be restored, sadly. But it's not all that dark mate, I started from the beginning many times and it was fun every time as it was when I first started.

~[Angels]Foochow

Maybe you don't mind starting from scratch, but I do. my enjoyment is from piloting larger ships. Capital ships. I used the account
manager to have 10 chars. Second thought. I don't really want to repeat what iv done. I know this is the frowned pawn I would assume. but is there any other mods or games anyone could subject that have anything in common with freelancer. Don't like EVE? I mean that's out right now? I'm waiting on No Mans Sky and SC. but beyond that...

RE: Returning player has a question. - GrnRaptor - 05-12-2015

You could look up "Limit Theory", but that's still in development. Last I checked it wasn't terribly far out, though. It's all Single Player, however.

(05-12-2015, 02:05 AM)GrnRaptor Wrote: You could look up "Limit Theory", but that's still in development. Last I checked it wasn't terribly far out, though. It's all Single Player, however.

Thank-you, but I have seen this one. if or when it releases on steam or I hear it has been released I will pick it up. however due to
Experience i have had to do with a lot of these Indie titles taking a hellashish amount of time to develop. so much so I don't notice them till they are in a open beta Stage. anyone suggestions?

Just downloaded and installed Freeworlds Tides of war. thought id give it a try.

RE: Returning player has a question. - Highland Laddie - 05-12-2015

Or, lend your ships to someone you trust to keep them active for you when you are away?

RE: Returning player has a question. - nOmnomnOm - 05-12-2015

Highland is right. Shared accounts work wonders.

RE: Returning player has a question. - cabinn - 05-12-2015

I played a lot back this past summer. Then I knew I would be gone for a while - was buying a house, moving, etc... I knew about the 6 month rule and made an effort to spend one afternoon moving my ships around to keep them active. I missed 2 ships for some reason and lost them. So recently, I had to rebuild those 2. The restart command is a dream. One character I decided to rebuild from scratch - no restart - no money transfers. I mined helium for a few hours - then traded for a few - then bought a bribe - then ran missions. It is still faster to set up a char from scratch on here in the modern 4.88 world than it was in the ancient days of 4.83 / 4.84.

It took forever to get cash and set up a character.

Before mining and ore trading, it was really slow. It worked logarithmically. It took days to go from 10k to 100k in cash. The same amount of time to go from 100k to 1m. then the same to go from 1m to 10m, and so on.

For a while back in version 4.84 (or maybe not - foggy memory) there was a good samaritan high end player that used watch newbies appear in New York and would give them 1 million credits just for fun. I'm sure folks missed out on all the valuable experience of building up the slow way.

Anyway - I will stop blabbing.