Discovery Gaming Community
To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER (/showthread.php?tid=129311)

Pages: 1 2

To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Thunderer - 05-12-2015

- Message Class: Textual -

-= Very High Encryption =-

Priority: High
To: Redfire, FL-ER
Subject: POW Liberation

Honourable Mr/Mrs Redfire,

The first thing you need to know is that you must keep this message secret from anyone, especially the Armed Forces. Additionally, I am fairly sure that you will have to acquire a new communications device after each of my messages about the following matter, if there happen to be more, as each contains a malware that is supposed to terminate your device after some time. That is meant to help you. Please do not ask why there are no better ways, I have my reasons. I am sorry.
I have seen the potential that your Leeds POW rescue operation has, and I am willing to support it, with both men and equipment. Having all of Cambridge forces ready to act at the move of my finger has some benefits.
Of course, there are conditions. Again, keeping this secret implies -- but only until my mark. If the operation is successful, I am to take all the credit for it, and you are to remain in shadow. It has no sense to take the credit yourself anyways, considering the fleet admiral's orders. And if you try anything dirty on me, be aware that I am capable of returning it tenfold. I have done it to people before. I might seem slightly discourteous now, pardon me please, but there are serious things at stake.
I will not interfere in your plan. You know your craft. I will only, I repeat, insist on three things: keep the operation secret, which includes preventing the POW-s themselves from talking too much before my mark; succeed; if you do, have some evidence that the operation was directed by me. I don't know, dress your men into Cambridge special forces uniforms for example.
Just tell me what you need, where, when and how.

PS: I like how you annoyed Books and O'Brien Smile

Yours sincerely,............................................................................................................................
Admiral George R. Hall, OBE

- Open for Reply -

He smirks after the message is sent, thinking of how he set the malware just for the sake of trolling. Somehow, he forgets that the same can be done to him, which wouldn't be an offense serious enough to terminate the whole operation.

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Username removed - 05-12-2015

[Image: 30m2vja.jpg]
[Image: 34phwed.jpg]

Corporal Redfire here.

Admiral George, this is quite the unexpected surprise, but I couldn't imagine a better surprise than this, maybe except the unconditional surrender of Gallia, but that's unlikely.

I wish I had received your message earlier so I didn't had to take some of the steps I took, I assume you are happy to hear I got my hands on some GRN crew from a battleship that got shot down in Dublin a while ago, including one of their captains.

If you want I will release them to you, but I won't bother interrogating them, they are no longer able to form coherent sentences or even feed themselves for that matter, at least not for a while.

Right, to get back on topic, your help will be invaluable to this operation and it's success will set the stage for many more of it's kind.

Although after this mission personally I would recommend we will focus more on humanitarian missions such as sending supplies to the resistance fighters on the ground rather than freeing prisoners, as Miss Brooks and O'Brien said, if we knock too much on GRN doors they may consider keeping Bretonian prisoners is not worth the hassle and just execute them, still, I personally prefer to die by a gun to my head than being starved to death in a POW camp.

But now to focus on this one particular mission.

I will grant you access to the recordings from my conference room so you can research and judge my plans, since you are willing to help, I will gladly accept your advice on my plans so far, what do you think we can do better? how would you do it? Your knowledge and expertise are invaluable.

About your conditions, I am glad to accept them.

The mercenaries and freelancers I got, if and when asked, will claim they work for whoever pays them, if you want I can transfer their payment to your account and you distribute it among them, this way you can prove your credit for this mission and the mercs will be more than happy to say they where working for the BAF, especially when the BAF will ask the questions.

It goes without saying that FL-ER's involvement remains a secret, for confidentiality reasons I will not reveal the identity of our FL-ER members on the surface, they will be there, but you won't be able to tell them apart from the group we hired, and you won't know how many FL-ER members actually take part in this, might be just two who went rogue, or more, it's nothing personal, but I can't trust BAF soldiers with their identities when BAF wants to kick us out, I am sure you understand.

I almost forgot, the mission is finished after all the prisoners from the camp have been rescued, but they will not be released in Bretonia because of our heated relation with those two ladies.

We have made contact with another faction who will take them in for recovery, you can visit them there and tell them what you will tell them, all credit goes to you of course, FL-ER had no part in this and neither did I.

Awaiting your response,

Redfire out.

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Username removed - 05-14-2015

Sir, time is of the essence, the more we wait, the more of our people die.

Word of warning though: If you betray me on this one, you will turn a what could have been a successful mission into a catastrophic failure and all those Bretonian deaths will be on your hands.

With that said, if you're in meet us at Barrier Gate in Coronado, once everybody gathers, I will make a final briefing and we're heading in.

Redfire out.

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Thunderer - 05-14-2015

Honourable Mr Redfire,

We are heading in!? I can attend the briefing in the Barrier Gate, but I am afraid that I am too valuable to throw my life away in such a risky mission. I can send some men, equipment and funds, but if I ever enter Leeds myself before it is liberated, it will be in a battleship.
Concerning your plan, I am content with it. I fully approve the usage of our enemy against our enemy. I noticed that bombardment by the Oubli fleet might be a problem, so I could organize a raid at the same time the mission is appointed for, if you find it necessary.
By the way, please tell me the mercenaries' account numbers where I can send them the credits, if it is ten million or so we are talking about. It is true that my salary is rather low, much lower than ten or even one million, and I am complaining about it every day, but I have other means of acquiring income.

Yours sincerely,............................................................................................................................

- Open for Reply -

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Username removed - 05-15-2015

Sir,

You are right, I'd hate losing an admiral on Leeds.

We are prepared to go, but could still use some equipment.

Since you offered, here is the list of equipment we need:

Protective vests for the mercs and fighters, most of them have some kind of protective vests but they are rather cheap low grade standard freelancer armor, high damage close range weapons, inside the prison camp the halls are likely to be constricted and standard GRN armor can take a beating, stun granades, smoke granades, chaff grenades and I have here a personal request from a certain someone: "a nice scopeless rifle."

The list with the quantities has already been uploaded on your personal datapad.

We're about to leave but if you agree with this request, we will be awaiting on Barrier Gate.

One more question: Where am I supposed to deliver the credits for the men?

Redfire out.

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Thunderer - 05-16-2015

Respected Mr Redfire,

Your list is a trifle to me. I will send a trusted pilot from the Norfolk with a Clydesdale named Norfolk-F-C-(number from 1 to 100), loaded with arms and armour. The password that the pilot will use as a sign that I have sent them is "bene vixit qui bene latuit". You may take everything you find in the cargo hold and in return, provide it with credit cards or anything else that is of universal and stable value, and not traceable, in contrast to credit transfers. I will then convert it to credits and send it to the mercenaries. The Barrier Gate might have a few BIS agents on board, being a neutral piece of ground to almost everyone, so I propose the exchange to occur in the system of Chester, sector F5. I suggest that you only use one freighter, in order to avoid drawing attention.

- Open for Reply -

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Thunderer - 05-16-2015

Respected Mr Redfire,

A freighter named BAF|Norfolk-F-C-024 has been dispatched. I expect it to reach F5 in Chester by 18:00 SMT. It will be waiting for you. The password that you will use after the pilot says theirs is "nomina sunt odiosa". If you disagree with the rendezvous point, please suggest another one, so I can notify the freighter where to head.

- Open for Reply -

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Username removed - 05-16-2015

Good day admiral.

I will dispatch one of my men to pick up the supplies at the chosen coordinates.

He will transfer the credits to your freighter.

The people of Bretonia should be proud of you.

Redfire out.

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Thunderer - 05-17-2015

Honourable Mr Redfire,

The freighter has returned safely, only slightly scratched by a Chester radiation field. You have been delivered 100 pieces of light arms, 100 pieces of side arms, 100 pieces of heavier armaments from Liberty, 50 pieces energy field equipment, 20 of them being crates with spare parts and 30 force field shields; 20 lasers, 10 of them being crates with spare parts the other 10 designed for cutting metal; and 2 slightly outdated, but still quite potent light tanks. How many men have you gathered and when is the attack commencing?

- Open for Reply -

RE: To: whoever is that Redfire person from the FL-ER - Username removed - 05-17-2015

Good day admiral.

I wish to inform you that the attack has been a success.

All the prisoners have been rescued and we only suffered minimal casualties, which was to be expected.

Your supplies have been crucial to this mission's success, although we had planned on this mission without hope from Bretonian Armed Forces aid, the casualties would have been much higher had you not offered to supply us.

The men and women are in your debt.

The prisoners are now safe and recovering at Haven Memorial Clinic outside Bretonia.

I understand my man was unable to deliver the full payment? He can meet up with you at a time of your choosing to complete the payment owned.

Once again, on behalf of the prisoners of Leeds, the men and women of Barrier Gate and certain..uhm members of a certain group, we thank you for your aid.

Not that I know anything about anything.

Redfire out.