Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? (/showthread.php?tid=129417)

Pages: 1 2

Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - Gondoros - 05-15-2015

I am not that familiar with them , because I do not play in the Omicrons, except for a corsair char that I rarely play.

What exactly happened to the BHG Core? I remember when I started playing I used to see NPCs with BHG Core IFF and there was a BHG Core restart. Was I imagining it all?

It all changed to The Core, but from what I could read from their lore they are a separate entity.
I read the BHG Core lore (wiki , well its outdated but where else) and it definitely does not state that the BHG Core ( and I'm stressing on the name because The Core was brought as a player faction not an npc one from what I know) suddenly vanished.

Now The Core lore says : " After the battle of Toledo in 819 AS, losses were suffered on both sides. It was evident that The BHG Core was unable to recuperate from their terrible loses and their organizational structure within The Core was failing. The financial support from the House Hunters was failing and was starting to become unfeasible for The Core. APM soon began to find problems themselves, without having a strong source of income they had difficulty producing ships and equipment for The Core. Slowly, it started to seem that The Core itself was an expendable part of the Bounty Hunters Guild. The Bounty Hunters Guild soon started to consider cutting off all support to The Core and pulling The Core out of the Edge Worlds. The Organization soon becoming non-existent. "

Well was this decided by the devs or is this just something a person/s wrote just so they/he could justify his own faction creation.
I'm confused.
And if in fact BHG Core was decimated and was disbanded is The core it's successor? How did it all come to be?

Now I'm not making any accusation here, don't get me wrong, I'm just looking for some answers. And depending on the answers I might have several questions.

Thanks for reading

RE: Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - Rodent - 05-15-2015

Inb4 Lyth.

As I see it, The Core was just a re-imagining of the BHG Core faction, which shares the shipline and the general operating region but was seperated from the Guild proper.

RE: Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - Gondoros - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 01:50 PM)Rodent Wrote: Inb4 Lyth.

As I see it, The Core was just a re-imagining of the BHG Core faction, which shares the shipline and the general operating region but was seperated from the Guild proper.

I see, but why change the BHG Core npc faction to The Core then?

RE: Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - Lythrilux - 05-15-2015

Because The Core represents the NPC faction.

(05-15-2015, 02:18 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Because The Core represents the NPC faction.

What NPC faction ? BHG Core? but there is no BHG Core anymore ingame, that is my point, there is only The Core which is a player faction?

So then The Core is in fact a continuation of BHG Core ? Was BHG Core deleted from the mod? Why? And why replace it with a player faction with different lore?

RE: Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - WesternPeregrine - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 02:22 PM)Gondoros Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 02:18 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Because The Core represents the NPC faction.

What NPC faction ? BHG Core? but there is no BHG Core anymore ingame, that is my point, there is only The Core which is a player faction?

So then The Core is in fact a continuation of BHG Core ? Was BHG Core deleted from the mod? Why? And why replace it with a player faction with different lore?

If I recall correctly, both BHG and BHG-Core lost their official status at the same time, and new leaders were chosen for both factions. In the case of the Core, Lyth took over, and remodeled the Core into a faction that had become independent from the Bounty Hunters Guild business and leadership. It acquired official status again, and made the necessary steps to make such changes permanent in the Core assets in the Omicrons.

If you want Bounty Hunters in the Omicrons, go seek the regular BHG. You can say the current core is a standalone faction now.

Pretty much what peregrine said.

BHG Core was more of a hobbyist faction that had holes which undermined it's place in the mod. Rather than retconn it, I evolved it into something else.

I think you've been lead to believe that BHG Core is vanilla. It's a disco faction.

RE: Bounty Hunters Guild Core gone? - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-15-2015

*Snake looks at WPeregrine

A Sirius Federation would've been more cool, just saying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I keep telling you a Federation doesn't make sense with the factions goals :/

Yep I got my answers.

Edit: Thing is I did not know whether BHG Core was introduced by the devs as an NPC faction at the beginning or if it was first introduced as a player faction. Now I know.